Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Delmon Young

coulomb

Anyone else curious how this guy only has 6 homeruns this year? Since he got to detroit he is crushing everything. Tigers got away with highway robbery for this guy!

Beats Maggs that's for sure. Maybe he's excited to play for a contender.

He has had some injuries this year, and some might say that there have been times in his career that he hasn't been the hardest worker in the world. Hopefully he has matured some since his younger days because he seems to have a pretty nice amount of potential.

I think I heard somewhere that his last 150 AB's with Minny, he only k'd 15 times, which is better than his career rate. He doesn't walk much but apparently has worked on not striking out so much. Only twice so far in Detroit.

Delmon Young does have a lot of talent and now he's hitting in one of the best spots in all of baseball, right in front of Miguel Cabrera. If he can't live up to his potential here, he's not going to anywhere

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Beats Maggs that's for sure. Maybe he's excited to play for a contender.

not hard to do
laugh.png

Do the Tigers have an option on him for next year or is he a free agent? He might be our answer in LF next year. I'd imagine he would want to stay if he continues playing well and the team makes a postseason run.

he does, but we can non-tender him like the twins were going to.

he hasnt walked once since the trade.

I wish he would not play LF by the warning track all of the time. I have seen a few base hits that should have been caught if he were playing at a normal depth.

tomdalton22 said:
I wish he would not play LF by the warning track all of the time. I have seen a few base hits that should have been caught if he were playing at a normal depth.
better those than doubles over his head. he's a horrible fielder.

Spockmaster said:
tomdalton22 said:
better those than doubles over his head. he's a horrible fielder.
He should fit in nicely with the rest of the Tigers (except Jackson)

Spockmaster said:

Only 2 K's. All averages out :)

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
Spockmaster said:

Only 2 K's. All averages out :)
id tolerate a few more strikeouts if he got on base more often as well.

his OBP for the year is exactly the same as jackson's...pathetic. his power numbers help somewhat, but he really needs to get on base more if he's going to be hitting in the top third (really, he should be moved down while avila and peralta move up)

Back