Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Well I have Four Drinks Going Right Now

tinselwolverine

So I have open, obviously, a Mickeys grenade...and an Old No 7 on the rocks with a splash of club...

BUT

also....

A Wyder's Pear Cider....

And a little, little splash of mead - not much more than a sniff - on ice...

looks like he dropped offline. bet he spilled the mickeys all over his wireless router.

Mead is pretty good; on the bottle I bought it's spelt in the old/middle/English/Gaelic/Celtic way, "meade."

Kind of reminiscent of vermouth, but a little...what's the word? Nicer, maybe. Maybe because of the honey.

I read on the bottle that in Ancient Ireland, it was quite the ceremonial beverage of choice (or one of them) and a bride and groom would drink mead (meade) for a month (one moon) after the wedding, and from this tradition comes the term "honeymoon."

If I had known this at the time of my recent nupitals, I would have included ceremonial meade, along with the Jewish traditional ceremonial wines we had.

Oh well.

Next one, maybe.

Back