Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Batman at Midnight!!!!

It was long!!!!! I liked it... But nothing I did not expect... But sometimes you can follow the same story for too long.... Batman can take a punch!!!! LOL

It is a solid 8.5 out of 10 as far as movies goes... But i can normally find something i like in most movies...

Last edited:
It was long!!!!! I liked it... But nothing I did not expect... But sometimes you can follow the same story for too long.... Batman can take a punch!!!! LOL

# out of 10 on the Bob scale? (Be critical, you are usually a generous movie watcher, as am I).

Trippy, this thread, what with events and all.

I was switched from Friday to Sunday on the job this week; I was gonna go out and do this independent contractor side gig I do, but the wife suggested that I've been logging in quite a few hours on jobs lately (might sound surprising but I sneak posts on this board while I'm on the job; that's usually when I post) and maybe I should take the day off.

So maybe I will. And maybe I'll go catch Batman today.

Just wondering which car I should drive to the theater.

<<<<<------------This one, maybe?

Last edited:
Trippy, this thread, what with events and all.

I was switched from Friday to Sunday on the job this week; I was gonna go out and do this independent contractor side gig I do, but the wife suggested that I've been logging in quite a few hours on jobs lately (might sound surprising but I sneak posts on this board while I'm on the job; that's usually when I post) and maybe I should take the day off.

So maybe I will. And maybe I'll go catch Batman today.

Just wondering which car I should drive to the theater.

<<<<<------------This one, maybe?

Yes. And you should dress in the old Adam West costume with your gut hanging out and everything.

Well I have one of the three. Guess which one.

Ha, ha...as you might have suspected...

I'm goofing about having the car.

It is garaged around the corner from one of my residences, though, (the Brady house is the other way around the corner).

The car's location isn't quite as concealed as the Batcave itself, but for whatever reason, it's not that widely known either.

So I know the guy who operates the joint, and he lets me bring people over to see it when they come to town to visit.

Turns out to be the highlight of their trip to LA, for whatever reason.

Ha, ha...as you might have suspected...

I'm goofing about having the car.

It is garaged around the corner from one of my residences, though, (the Brady house is the other way around the corner).

The car's location isn't quite as concealed as the Batcave itself, but for whatever reason, it's not that widely known either.

So I know the guy who operates the joint, and he lets me bring people over to see it when they come to town to visit.

Turns out to be the highlight of their trip to LA, for whatever reason.

Yeah I was just joking around. I could see it as a Kimmel skit, dressing up some overweight middle aged guy in the 60s bat suit, taking the car to the theater to watch the new Batman and then complaining to the patrons how much it sucks and how it should go back to being like it was in the 60s.

He could make comments like, well the Batman-Bane fight scene sucked, where was the "BIFFs" the "POWs"???

RIP to all the people that were killed by that crazy gunman in Colorado...

My daughter and her boyfriend and friends waited in line and saved seats for me, and my son and his friend... we went at 10:45 but I had forgotten something for Abbie and I forgot to take my back medicine so i drove home and then posted right before i left to go back.. Man i feel bad for the victims and their families.. My wife heard it on the radio early in the morning as she does long term care for quest and she did not know where it was and my phone was turned off. She finally found out but still drove home to hug her kids... People were going to go have fun at the movies and this happens.... Damn it just pisses you off... Take care everyone .....

Last edited:
Yeah I was just joking around. I could see it as a Kimmel skit, dressing up some overweight middle aged guy in the 60s bat suit, taking the car to the theater to watch the new Batman and then complaining to the patrons how much it sucks and how it should go back to being like it was in the 60s.

He could make comments like, well the Batman-Bane fight scene sucked, where was the "BIFFs" the "POWs"???

To, Bob, yes, of course, the tragedy is awful; everybody will agree on that.

I read, at the time years ago, that Adam West was actually pissed off when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman instead of him in those Warner Brother's incarnations of the character.

While that may seem ridiculous, the film was supposed to have been based on a particular story (not sure if it was a book or a comic) "The Return of the Dark Knight;" depicting Bruce Wayne as resurrecting the hero from a long haitus in his middle age, so the notion that West would have been appropriate for the role may not have been all that absurd at the time.

From the trailers I see, this Batman film contains that story line, to a degree - although it's a stretch to think of Bale as middle aged, I think.

To, Bob, yes, of course, the tragedy is awful; everybody will agree on that.

I read, at the time years ago, that Adam West was actually pissed off when Michael Keaton was cast as Batman instead of him in those Warner Brother's incarnations of the character.

While that may seem ridiculous, the film was supposed to have been based on a particular story (not sure if it was a book or a comic) "The Return of the Dark Knight;" depicting Bruce Wayne as resurrecting the hero from a long haitus in his middle age, so the notion that West would have been appropriate for the role may not have been all that absurd at the time.

From the trailers I see, this Batman film contains that story line, to a degree - although it's a stretch to think of Bale as middle aged, I think.

I think remember reading that story about Adam West somewhere too. Now he ended up having a good voice over role as the mayor on Family Guy introducing him to a whole new generation. I think your right about this one following that storyline, I know Nolan takes bits and pieces from Bat-lore.

I think remember reading that story about Adam West somewhere too. Now he ended up having a good voice over role as the mayor on Family Guy introducing him to a whole new generation. I think your right about this one following that storyline, I know Nolan takes bits and pieces from Bat-lore.

Anyway, I'm taking my wife's advice, and I'm taking my day off today off.

Gonna watch Woods finish up his round here, and I broke down and bought a ticket to a 12:20 (PDT) of presentation of "The Dark Knight Rises."

Yea that shooting in Colorado is unreal...it's really pathetic that you literally can't go anywhere in this world without being worried that some lunatic might shoot you.

On a happier note, I thought the movie was awesome. It was long but It kept my interest the whole time. It was intense and it was a great way to end the Trilogy. Awesome movie

Longish, 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I'll be getting out just at the right time to get ready to go to the boxing gym with the wife.

Longish, 2 hours and 45 minutes.

I'll be getting out just at the right time to get ready to go to the boxing gym with the wife.

Sounds like a good day planned Tinsel, due to its length I'm going to skip tonight's showing and hit a matinee tomorrow.

the NRA was actually pleased with the mass shooting, although, predictably, they took the tweet down later.

link:
Good morning, shooters. Happy Friday! Weekend plans?​

the NRA was actually pleased with the mass shooting, although, predictably, they took the tweet down later.

link:
Good morning, shooters. Happy Friday! Weekend plans?​

Well, the ongoing 2nd Amendment discussion is going to intersect with the discussion of the Batman legacy because of the tragic event, even though except for the event, the two have nothing to do with each other.

So anyway, I just got back, and the movie is really, really good. It was long but the only bad part about the length was that I was getting pretty hungry toward the end.

Edit - Oh, one bad thing though...not to spoil it for everyone, but in the end Bruce Wayne is elected President of the United States. That's kind of a stretch, that sucked a little bit..

I liked it a lot better than the second one - that film, and Heather Ledger's performance were pretty over-rated and it was poorly paced and poorly written too, I thought.

This one substantially re-integrates some of the unique and creative elements that made "Batman Begins" the best film ever, of its genre.

Anne Hathaway was good, and really hot - and in the script they tied in a lot of the elements regarding the dynamics of the relationship between the Catwoman and the Batman that are sort of fundamental in the Batman saga.

So finally, again, the film was very good, and it was good because, like in the first film, they went back and focused on the basics - the genius, the remarkable agility and finally the fascinating existential psycological construct of...the Batman.

Edit: Oh, one bad thing though - there's a surprise ending, Bruce Wayne is elected President of the United States.

That was kind of a stretch, I thought; that kind of sucked.

Hope I didn't spoil it for everybody.

Last edited:
The only decent Batman was Michael Keaton. Rest of them sucked.

The only decent Batman was Michael Keaton. Rest of them sucked.

I dunno about anyone else, but I had a hard time buying Keaton as Bruce Wayne/Batman, mostly because all he ever did was comedy stuff.

Tim Burton seems to pick an actor and use the shit out of him, Keaton was Beetlejuice, and if it had been any later we might have been stuck with Johnny Depp.

Christian Bale is okay, but Ledger stole the movie in The Dark Knight.

Back