Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

t pryor/c johnson

I had to smite you because your a moron. And I don't think Pryor would have ever really went to Michigan he was just holding out for a better "loaner" car.

murktastic said:
i have no doubts that calvin will be and is by far the better WR, but can u say which is a better "athlete" both ran sub 4.4 and pryor is an inch taller than johnson

i dont see y pryor couldnt be the next vernon davis either. i remember when michigan almost got pryor until OSU stole him with better benefits

Al Davis can use a computer?

These jokers really need to an O.G. when it comes to benefits and outweighing nfl contracts. There should be an unwritten rule that if you're garbage/undersized and garbage, and have no shot at being drafted then you may partake in the benefits that come with being on the team; hell, that's probably as good as it's gonna get for most.

A friend of my sister brought her husband by the house a few weeks back. His name was Gerald Dixon. Anyways he played cornerback for Alabama a few years back and went on with all these stories of things he got, how he would cut a booster's yard for $500 a pop, and raving beauties he plowed through........ and I turn to my right to look at his wife on the sofa.......... hella average.

I say good for him because this dude isn't what you call handsome and is as dark as a Jack Links beef jerky, but he did have his fun for a good minute. Pryor on the other hand is an idiot. He was definitely gonna get drafted and should have cooled it with the obvious benefits he was taking from people. This dude was caught driving a 350Z and pretty much forfeited his chance to roll in something like a bentley? Hilarious.

As Lions fans we should be the last people to talk about other organizations and other teams QB's. We have a #1 pick yet to prove anything outside the IR list.

murktastic said:
i have no doubts that calvin will be and is by far the better WR, but can u say which is a better "athlete" both ran sub 4.4 and pryor is an inch taller than johnson

i dont see y pryor couldnt be the next vernon davis either. i remember when michigan almost got pryor until OSU stole him with better benefits

The "next" Vernon Davis?? LOL!!! WTF are you babbling about??

did Vernon Davis play QB in college ?

oh it's a size and speed comparison....lol

well when I see T Pryor actually run an NFL route and catch a ball with a SSLB draped all over him and a Safety coming over the top looking to kill him...I'll throw Vernons name out there.

thats the thing TP can run fast in a straight line. But in his shuttle run and drills that showed a change of direction he doesnt do that well at all and that is what a WR needs to do. I could see taking a flyer with a 6th or 7th rd pick on him. But the raiders invested a 3rd and will give him almost 3 mil. And no one really knows what position he is going to play. Speed is great but there is more to football than straight line speed. Rice only ran a 4.6 40 but he ran great routes and could accelerate out of his break better than anyone and he caught everything. No one even knows if TP can catch. Shit Roy can't catch and he has been an NFL WR for a while.

1.TP ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day...every other one I've seen is just above 4.4.

2.TP played qb, he would get MADHANDLED at tight end, are you kidding me? Line him up against a linebacker or de that will check him off the line, or actually ask him to block one of them? Yeah right. TP couldnt hold Vernon Davis' jock. (I know you meant a Vernon Davis TYPE, but it's still insane)

3. Darius Heyward Bay is big and fast too. Hows that working out for Oakland?

4. He doesnt think the game. He wasn't a very smart player. Takes wits or extreme talent at your position to make it in the NFL...he has neither.

5.Route running

6.He's a long strider with straightline speed. He stands straight up when he runs. He's a lot more fast than quick or agile. These are not winning combinations.

7. He hasn't taken hits like he would in the NFL.

Forget this. Calvin Johnson and Terrel Pryor shouldn't even use the same water fountain.

Beez said:
1.TP ran a sub 4.4 at his pro day...every other one I've seen is just above 4.4.

2.TP played qb, he would get MADHANDLED at tight end, are you kidding me? Line him up against a linebacker or de that will check him off the line, or actually ask him to block one of them? Yeah right. TP couldnt hold Vernon Davis' jock. (I know you meant a Vernon Davis TYPE, but it's still insane)

3. Darius Heyward Bay is big and fast too. Hows that working out for Oakland?

4. He doesnt think the game. He wasn't a very smart player. Takes wits or extreme talent at your position to make it in the NFL...he has neither.

5.Route running

6.He's a long strider with straightline speed. He stands straight up when he runs. He's a lot more fast than quick or agile. These are not winning combinations.

7. He hasn't taken hits like he would in the NFL.

Forget this. Calvin Johnson and Terrel Pryor shouldn't even use the same water fountain.
I think the original quesiton was which one is a better athlete. It is probably closer than you think. Pryor was an all state basketball player who could have played at most DI schools. He was the #28 ranked high school basketball player coming out of high school. I am a Buckeye fan so I am very familiar with his play on the football field. He wouldn't make a good every down WR because I don't think he has the lateral quickness (probably could get better at it); he wouldn't make a good TE because I don't think he is tough enough. His only chance is at QB and that is going to be a long shot. It will take a lot of work for him to be a sucessful QB. Quite honestly, I think he would have made a better basketball player.

lol wow i wasnt comparing they're specific positions.. uh if he's 6' 5" 250 y couldnt he play TE? im just suprised he's the same height and run the same speed.. i was high when i asked the question tho

Calvins a better athlete. I'm willing to bet he can jump higher, has better agility, and is faster no matter what TP's "Reported" 40 time is. Also willing to bet Calvin is stronger. Could be wrong but thats my take.

Back