Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2012 Olympics Now Underway

tinselwolverine

Still a couple of days before the official Opening Ceremonies, but NBC affiliates (NBCSports and MSNBC) are now showing womens' soccer qualification games.

Right France leads Hope Solo and the USA by a score of 2-1 at about 32 minutes, while Great Britan leads New Zealand 1-0 at about 73 minutes.

I don't know what ramifications the outcomes of these games are going to have.

:zzz:

Wake me up when Usain Bolt is running.

Did you know there is a drink called the "Usain Bolt?" half guinness, half red bull. It's not bad either. I discovered it in a bar I used to drink in. They had an actual ad (not sure if it was a guinness or red bull ad).

if it's good enough for the world's FASTEST MAN (!) it's good enough for a 30-something above-average fast man.

:zzz:

Wake me up when Usain Bolt is running.

Did you know there is a drink called the "Usain Bolt?" half guinness, half red bull. It's not bad either. I discovered it in a bar I used to drink in. They had an actual ad (not sure if it was a guinness or red bull ad).

if it's good enough for the world's FASTEST MAN (!) it's good enough for a 30-something above-average fast man.

You're not at all interested in seeing how Michigan men Michael Phelps or Sam Mikulak, or the State of Michigan's own reigning World Champion Jordyn Wieber, or any of the other athletes from Michigan do?

When I start drinking I'm done with stimulants for the day. I like to mix Guinness with cider or, on occasion, champagne, though.

Never have I been less interested in following an Olympic Games. Just an observation.

I like the Olympics, but I like them more when they happen only every 4 years or so.

Best thing I saw on day 1 was a USA boxer knock down an opponent twice in the last 10secs to win his match.

Kayla Harrison becomes the first AMERICAN ever to win Olympic gold in Judo! Frickin' awesome!!

Last edited:
Back