Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Major new role for Verlander

kalinesboy

For several months JV has been a superb stopper keeping the hemmoraging under control.

Now I see him as KEEPER of the STREAKS. This is a vast difference in attitude for FANS of the probable ALC champs.

I sensed a couple months ago that one more sustained streak would put the Tigers in position to win the ALC with only 500 ball the rest of the way. This of course is the low expectation and the way things are beginning to jell I certainly expect more success from this team now.

Speaking as a long time fan who saw McClain pitch against Lolich.....we need to REALLY appreciate the gift we have in JV. Amazing.

kalinesboy said:
For several months JV has been a superb stopper keeping the hemmoraging under control.

Now I see him as KEEPER of the STREAKS. This is a vast difference in attitude for FANS of the probable ALC champs.

I sensed a couple months ago that one more sustained streak would put the Tigers in position to win the ALC with only 500 ball the rest of the way. This of course is the low expectation and the way things are beginning to jell I certainly expect more success from this team now.

Speaking as a long time fan who saw McClain pitch against Lolich.....we need to REALLY appreciate the gift we have in JV. Amazing.

Yes, but we also have Porcello and Penny....true STOPPERS of the STREAKS. And by streaks I mean winning streaks. Porcello did his best to derail our momentum Sunday....but was pulled too quickly to accomplish his mission. Penny will give it a shot tonight!!

Seems the Tigers are beginning to "kick" as we used to say in track.....yes Penny even gave his two cents tonight. While we might not want to even think about pressuming a ALC win for Detroit (YET!)...we can observe the beginnings of what appears to be an "anti-collapse".
I like how this game was eeked out over a substantial team....of course maybe one third of the fans in Tampa were for Detroit. Shoot even INGE and Maggs got hits.
In track , especially in distance events, the last one quarter of the last lap you shift into your "kick". It's your speed gear, your passing gear, your overdrive. This streak has all the makings of a good strong finish that would be great prep for the playoffs. Seeing how we would prol be playing the East Division winner all the prep we get is good. OF COURSE I am not assuming anything yet.
I mean the Minnie Mes havent even been dealt with yet!

Back