Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Angels Acquire Greinke

Same here, but the Angels are looking a lot tougher now. They can run a rotation of Weaver/Greinke/Wilson/Haren and have a lineup that features Trout, Trumbo and Pujols.

They can be tough if they reach the playoffs. Damn, Greinke.

Man, I don't like this, not sure how good the prospects were, but the Angels have a sick rotation now.

Tigers would need to be on a major hot streak to beat that team in a 7 game series. Very bummed out.

This isn't psych 101, thumb ;-). So we both agree Texas is better. I didn't say they'd win the division but they are better.

Texas is four games up. I'd venture to say if they blow the division, that LAA is the better team.

Texas is four games up. I'd venture to say if they blow the division, that LAA is the better team.

Is that like when Detroit lost the division in 2006? Did anyone really think Minny was the better team.

Is that like when Detroit lost the division in 2006? Did anyone really think Minny was the better team.

Different situation because Polanco separated his shoulder and missed a ton of games. They went on their tear in the playoffs just as they got him back as he won ALCS MVP and very well could've won the ALDS MVP too.

Texas has no injuries that even compare to what 2006 Detroit had to deal with (yet).

Last edited:
Different situation because Polanco separated his shoulder and missed a ton of games. They went on their tear in the playoffs just as they got him back as he won ALCS MVP and very well could've won the ALDS MVP too.

Texas has no injuries that even compare to what 2006 Detroit had to deal with (yet).

I'm not sure why that matters. Even with Polanco gone, we had the better team. Maybe not better than NYY etc but we were better than Minny with or without Pauly.

I'm not sure why that matters. Even with Polanco gone, we had the better team. Maybe not better than NYY etc but we were better than Minny with or without Pauly.

I guess I put too much stock in where a team finishes in the standings. Those pesky minor details. >:D

Back