Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game today 8/23

tomdalton22

How many runs will it take for the Tigers to win tonight. I think they need 6. I don't like their chances. Indians with 2 vs. Seattle today and the lead could be 4
angry.png
:(" title=":mad:" border="0"/>

Indians lost last night to Seattle and now they get a sweep? Hard to sweep a DH. Penny is do, right? He's been stinking up the joint. I want Verlander back in.

Can we just clone Verlander 4 times? A rotation of 5 Verlanders would be enough to win the central.

The Tigers need at least 6 tonight. This one doesn't match up well, but they've been playing good ball so you never know. Penny looked pretty good last time out

I just don't trust Penny. When you're a ground-ball pitcher who relies on your defense (which will be poor since Raburn probably will be starting tonight) and then you take FOR----E----VERRRR on the mound...ugh...I hope Porcello turns it around so the only way we see Penny in the playoffs is in mop-up duty.

lineup will be weak with Raburn and Inge in it, and V-Mart out of it. imo

We will need at least 6, Penny has been decent the last 2 starts, but his inconsistency has really bothered me.

I feel like Penny has been pretty consistent minus his start against the Angels. He will probably go around 6 innings and give up 3 or 4 runs. He will probably look decent for all but one inning.

Matchup isn't good but this is baseball and you never no. Maybe Penny throws a gem and the Tiger bats light up Price. Doubt it, but who knows. I wouldn't be surpised if the tribe splits the dh.

I'm calling it, Inge with 4 hits. Both pitchers out by the 5th inning. Okay penny makes it to the 6th.

Tampa Bay ranks 11th in the league in OPS against groundball pitchers with a team OPS of .660.

They also rank 11th in the league in OPS against Finese pitchers with a team OPS of .735.

I wouldn't be surprised if Penny can pull a quality start out of his ass.

Against pitchers with a similar GB/FB ratio as David Price, the Tigers have a team OPS of .761, tied for 4th in the league.

Price gives up more FB to RHH and when doing so he is hittable, so loading the lineup with RHH is the right decision.

We have a couple players that kill Rays pitching....hopefully vmart makes it into the lineup cause hes one of em.

mhughes0021 said:
We have a couple players that kill Rays pitching....hopefully vmart makes it into the lineup cause hes one of em.
I've seen your video so many times...how pissed was that girl?

tomdalton22 said:
mhughes0021 said:
I've seen your video so many times...how pissed was that girl?

lol it seriously never gets old for me. And you cant feel bad for her cause she gets him back by waking him from a nap by bashing his face in with a sheet pan.

Back