Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Building my own bar

zoombabyzoom

Going good so far, once its done I will post pics. Best part? The bar top/counter top is going to be glass with a nice molding around it and under the glass will be Detroit Lions, Tigers, Pistons, and Wings trading cards.

This is a must in any bar..

the-kramer.jpg

I don't think Red has ever built a bar.

Not only do I think Red has built a bar, but I believe he actually built in a refrigeration unit and taps for draft beer, and has at least that Dog Fish Head swill on tap. The 120, or whatever they call it.

Not only do I think Red has built a bar, but I believe he actually built in a refrigeration unit and taps for draft beer, and has at least that Dog Fish Head swill on tap. The 120, or whatever they call it.

maybe he does. I can't remember. all the things he's built and posted here tend to run together: cornhole boards, home brewing kit, time machine, 50,000 seat football stadium, nuclear power plant, and one of those crystal radio kits.

Just the tower for converting a mini fridge to a kegerator. That was the first thing I designed at Duke. I didn't actually build it either. I designed it and the drawings went to the machine shop along with a bottle of Jim Beam. Then parts magically appeared.

Also, that bottle of 120 was no swill. It was the greatest beer ever. (Keep in mind, I drank it at the conclusion of The Game that ended that terrible drought.)

Looking good. Someone needs to talk you into buying a Dewalt cordless drill. I got a 20V that fell off a truck for cheap..

Last edited:
I have plenty of drills, that shown in the picture is just an electric screwdriver.

Thanks the glass top I bought today as well. Just gotta figure out and buy the molding to do the finishing touches. Oh and figure out what player trading cards I wanna put under the glass (figure I need 59 cards)

Thanks the glass top I bought today as well. Just gotta figure out and buy the molding to do the finishing touches. Oh and figure out what player trading cards I wanna put under the glass (figure I need 59 cards)

Now, the real question: How many flat hi-def television screens with cable/satellite sports access are you going to have?

Also, that bottle of 120 was no swill. It was the greatest beer ever. (Keep in mind, I drank it at the conclusion of The Game that ended that terrible drought.)

Cool, I celebrated with Budweiwer, I think.

Didn't wait for the conclusion though.

Didn't the British design that India ale devoid of an important flavoring ingredient that would have caused the beer to spoil on the long merchant ship voyages to India? Isn't how that India Pale Ale came about?

Cool, I celebrated with Budweiwer, I think.

Didn't wait for the conclusion though.

Didn't the British design that India ale devoid of an important flavoring ingredient that would have caused the beer to spoil on the long merchant ship voyages to India? Isn't how that India Pale Ale came about?

I thought it had more hops and such because they helped preserve it over the long voyage to India. it definitely has a stronger taste than regular ales or other beers.

make sure the glass is removable so you can change the cards underneath in case someday you decide you don't want to drink on a bar with baseball cards on it.

(just a friendly suggestion).

I know that things I previously thought were cool, I would've felt lame having later on. like if I would've built a bar in college, I'd probably have put my black light Jim Morrison poster on it. and of course, years later when I moved into a class pad in Chicago, I would've felt kinda silly having something like that.

Back