Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Why "Hey Jude?"

tinselwolverine

Was it the Beatles #1 all time selling single, or something like that?

Just curious...why "Hey Jude?"

He had a little rough go with it; granted, it is kind of a tough song for a 70 year old or so to sing, especially in the original key (which I'm sure he would have died rather than changed).

I always wondered kinda why he had to write "The Long and Winding Road" in E flat (is there an elevated b - flat - key on my keyboard - I have the sharp # key - see what I did there?) instead of D, but that's another story.

I actually kind of liked the orchestral interlude in that song, but whatever, that too is a discussion for another day.

Anyway, I think "Hey Jude" was cool, but maybe not the best choice.

Maybe "She Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah.

Or maybe "Her Majesty's a Pretty Nice Girl."

I would have recommended "Revolution" or maybe "Back in the USSR."

Maybe "Across the Universe."

"Hey Jude" just seemed to me to be a little bit limited in scope in such a grandiose and auspicious environment.

I am the walrus?

donny_1.jpg

Was it the Beatles #1 all time selling single, or something like that?

Just curious...why "Hey Jude?"

He had a little rough go with it; granted, it is kind of a tough song for a 70 year old or so to sing, especially in the original key (which I'm sure he would have died rather than changed).

I always wondered kinda why he had to write "The Long and Winding Road" in E flat (is there an elevated b - flat - key on my keyboard - I have the sharp # key - see what I did there?) instead of D, but that's another story.

I actually kind of liked the orchestral interlude in that song, but whatever, that too is a discussion for another day.

Anyway, I think "Hey Jude" was cool, but maybe not the best choice.

Maybe "She Loves You Yeah Yeah Yeah.

Or maybe "Her Majesty's a Pretty Nice Girl."

I would have recommended "Revolution" or maybe "Back in the USSR."

Maybe "Across the Universe."

"Hey Jude" just seemed to me to be a little bit limited in scope in such a grandiose and auspicious environment.

I figure it was picked because everybody, no matter what language they speak, can sing along to the last part of the song.

I figure it was picked because everybody, no matter what language they speak, can sing along to the last part of the song.

And because of The Royal Tenenbaums.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1uA1TMnsTM[/youtube]

Back