Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Happy National IPA Day

elrod817

I hope you all celebrated it appropriately. I ordered this sampler flight from a local pub:

Pretty Things Meadowlark IPA
Avery The Maharaja Imperial IPA
Founders Devil Dancer Triple IPA
Dogfish Head Burton Baton
Brouwerij De Musketiers Troubadour Magma

Finished it off with a normal sized Devil Dancer...tinsel I'm quite certain that each of these beers would have made the journey from England around the tip of Africa to India...

That's nice.

I celebrated national IPA Day with Mickeys Grenades, a little JD ol' #7 and a Wyder's pear cider.

What's really interesting is that I didn't even know that it was National IPA Day yesterday, yet I celebrated, nevertheless.

I missed it, but I'm brewing a two hearted clone today if that counts for anything.

I missed it, but I'm brewing a two hearted clone today if that counts for anything.

We'll let you slide...plus I'm sure you were there in spirit. :cheers:

Although I heard today is Same Sex Kiss Day due to some Chick-Fil-A flap. I think I'll pass on that one.

Although I heard today is Same Sex Kiss Day due to some Chick-Fil-A flap. I think I'll pass on that one.

Go tomorrow instead. It's National Screw Your Heart Health and Pound Down the Carcinogenics Day.

Go tomorrow instead. It's National Screw Your Heart Health and Pound Down the Carcinogenics Day.

Ha! No chicken, beef, or pork for this guy. I'll try to damage my heart in other ways tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up.

I don't know if I deserve a pass yet. The saison I made with French hops and "French" (wyeast) is probably the best beer I've made and I'm not ashamed to say it.

The two hearted may be a step towards IPA redemption, and I recently tried a smoked IPA that I have every intention of brewing someday.

I don't know if I deserve a pass yet. The saison I made with French hops and "French" (wyeast) is probably the best beer I've made and I'm not ashamed to say it.

The two hearted may be a step towards IPA redemption, and I recently tried a smoked IPA that I have every intention of brewing someday.

Never had a smoked IPA. Loved the other smoked beers I've had though, so I'd be interested to try it. Do you remember who made it?

my fav is the Great Lakes Brewing Co's IPA: Commodore Perry IPA.

He was a hero of mine growing up (I did a book report on him). at age 27, he won the battle of lake erie, cementing the US's hold on the Great Lakes region... especially Michigan. All of us owe him a debt of gratitude.

I'm going to go buy a sixer of it, and start drinking. (working from home today.)

Never had a smoked IPA. Loved the other smoked beers I've had though, so I'd be interested to try it. Do you remember who made it?

One of the employees at Bull City Homebrew. He's planning on putting his recipe up on their website at some point.

Back