Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Andy Reid's Son Died

zoombabyzoom

Andy Reid's son, Garrett, was found dead this morning in a Lehigh dorm room, where the Eagles hold training camp. It was reported earlier that the head coach was not at practice this morning because of a "personal reason" and the team indicated general manager Howie Roseman would address the media to discuss his absence. The Philadelphia Inquirer noted that the last time Reid missed practice was in 2007 when Reid's oldest son Garrett was arrested on gun and drug-related charges.

Roseman addressed the media moments ago and announced the news that Garrett Reid was found dead this morning. Lehigh police said there there is no suspicious activity involved, but an investigation continues.

"I have some heartbreaking news to share with you all," an emotional Roseman said. "It is with great sadness that I tell you Garrett Reid, the oldest son of Coach Reid, was found dead this morning in his room here at training camp. This is a tough morning for all us."

Andy Reid requested that camp continue without him.

Pretty much sounds like an OD. Can't keep messing around with drugs or this is what happens. There is a very fine line with doing them recreationally and becoming an addict. I just had a very successful friend who is married with 2 small boys die of an OD at the age of 38 about a month ago. Couldn't give them up and now he's dead.

Back