Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Cedric Benson

Lions should have pursued him....said it 2 weeks ago.

I am not sure how much he or Grant have left. And I am nor sure the Lions can even take a small risk on someone with huge off field issues.

They get another chance after he gets cut from the Packers.

Cut?? How so? He ran for over a 1000 yards the last 3 seasons and has averaged 6-7 TD's as well. He's not getting any worse, he's actually getting better. Now, he rolls to a team with a sick aerial attack...lol. Know what that means?? The run is there!!!

Lions dropped the ball on this one if you ask me. Oh, but wait, K. Williams and J. Bell ran all over a pathetic Browns 2nd, 3rd and 4th team defenses...lol. Best is a no-show and who knows what the fuck we have in Leshoure or if he'll stay healthy. Thank God for Kevin Smith though, right? YIKES!!

I hope they do cut him somehow but i just don't see it at all. He keeps his nose clean, shuts his mouth and is willing to win a ring, he'll succeed as a Packer.

Awesome. The Packers just got better. Who would've thunk it?

Last edited:
I am not sure how much he or Grant have left. And I am nor sure the Lions can even take a small risk on someone with huge off field issues.

All the Lions do is take risks with these kids they draft.

Benson and Starks sharing carries and green as the pass catching back. Sounds good

Cut?? How so? He ran for over a 1000 yards the last 3 seasons and has averaged 6-7 TD's as well. He's not getting any worse, he's actually getting better. Now, he rolls to a team with a sick aerial attack...lol. Know what that means?? The run is there!!!

Lions dropped the ball on this one if you ask me. Oh, but wait, K. Williams and J. Bell ran all over a pathetic Browns 2nd, 3rd and 4th team defenses...lol. Best is a no-show and who knows what the fuck we have in Leshoure or if he'll stay healthy. Thank God for Kevin Smith though, right? YIKES!!

I hope they do cut him somehow but i just don't see it at all. He keeps his nose clean, shuts his mouth and is willing to win a ring, he'll succeed as a Packer.

Awesome. The Packers just got better. Who would've thunk it?

The Bengals probably would be interested in this scouting report.

the Bengals wanted to go in a different direction , they want Dalton and AJ Green to be the focale point of the offense...Benson also ripped Jay Grudens offense in the off season , complaining about getting less touches...didn't help he coughed it up 12 times in 2010 and 2011.

dude has baggage but you bring him in on a 1 year vet minimum and see what you get....I take him over K Smith anyday.

The Bengals probably would be interested in this scouting report.

Am i wrong though? No, im not...

Benson does have baggage like Slick said and the Bengals were looking in another direction. He's a solid RB who helps out a team like a Packers who had a ZERO running attack. He just needs to shut his trap...we'll see, but he is a good RB.

Teams have to account for Benson now and that makes the Packers aerial assault even more lethal. That's scary shit, man....

Last edited:
I don't get the appeal of Benson. I mean when you get around 300 carries you should be at 1,000 yards.

I don't see teams all of a sudden needing to respect the run anymore then last season when they face the Packers. They are still a passing team, and you still play them as a passing team.

Anytime they give it to Benson you give them their 3 to 4 yards and be happy they didn't let Rodgers throw.

I don't get the appeal of Benson. I mean when you get around 300 carries you should be at 1,000 yards.

I don't see teams all of a sudden needing to respect the run anymore then last season when they face the Packers. They are still a passing team, and you still play them as a passing team.

Anytime they give it to Benson you give them their 3 to 4 yards and be happy they didn't let Rodgers throw.

I agree. His YPC is always low, he catches very few balls. I don't expect that to change even in GB, there's like 9 other guys I think Rodgers would throw to before Benson.

Best, Smith and Morris had better YPC.

Benson adds very little to team success.

WE all know the Packers are a passing team, but Benson opens it up a little more and that's scary in itself. Nobody is saying Benson is ALL WORLD but he's a pretty damn good fn RB. Better than the junk they have now.

WE all know the Packers are a passing team, but Benson opens it up a little more and that's scary in itself. Nobody is saying Benson is ALL WORLD but he's a pretty damn good fn RB. Better than the junk they have now.

Take it in perspective but with the Lions offensive line, our 3 headed dud were better than Benson last season.

Take it in perspective but with the Lions offensive line, our 3 headed dud were better than Benson last season.

Because they had a better YPC? Are you kidding me?

Benson is a better RB than all 3 RB's you mentioned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back