Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Olympic Hoops Men's Gold Medal Game Is Underway

tinselwolverine

On NBC, and we don't even have to wait to watch the tape delayed replay during prime time! Close start...

Last edited:
On NBC, and we don't even have to wait to watch the tape delayed replay during prime time!

Close sart...

3 point game. Sure they're better than '92 ;-) And no way is Spain worthy of competing with the USA.

Last edited:
3 point game. Sure they're better than '92 ;-) And no way is Spain worthy of competing with the USA.

Hasn't Spain generally been expected to get to this Gold Medal game all along though?

They have - I counted - 8 players who are either in the NBA, have been in the NBA or are signed to play in the NBA...

Hasn't Spain generally been expected to get to this Gold Medal game all along though?

They have - I counted - 8 players who are either in the NBA, have been in the NBA or are signed to play in the NBA...

They were but that's be the rest of the world blows. I hear people always comparing the competition from now to 20 years ago. Its not much different. A team of HOF should smoke former NBA players and young future NBA'ers +Gasol.

Last edited:
They were but that's be the rest of the world blows. I hear people always comparing the competition from now to 20 years ago. Its not much different. A team of HOF should smoke former NBA players and young future NBA'ers +Gasol.

I don't know if it's a "smoking" or not but US wins gold as expected.

I've been hearing all the pundits say this would be the outcome - US wins but closer than expected.

Which, if everyone expects it to be closer than expected, maybe it never was expected to not be close after all.

Last edited:
It shouldn't have been is what I'm trying to say. HOF roster against near nobodies? I expected it to be close because the USA team is full of soft players.

It shouldn't have been is what I'm trying to say. HOF roster against near nobodies? I expected it to be close because the USA team is full of soft players.

What I think is, a lot of the Spanish players play together on Real Madrid during the pro-season, and during the off season, the Spanish players in the NBA join them to make Team Spain a more consistent and contiguous team than Team USA.

Team USA makes up for that with significantly superior talent, but Team Spain is able to play them close because they play together more as a team.

At least, that sounds good, and makes sense, to me.

What I think is, a lot of the Spanish players play together on Real Madrid during the pro-season, and during the off season, the Spanish players in the NBA join them to make Team Spain a more consistent and contiguous team than Team USA.

Team USA makes up for that with significantly superior talent, but Team Spain is able to play them close because they play together more as a team.

At least, that sounds good, and makes sense, to me.

I agree which is why they started to let NBA'ers play in the first place.

Back