Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Golf Course Parking

deathroh

I usually tailgate at Pioneer, but I think I'm going to go with the golf course this year. I've been there once or twice but was always just along for the ride and oblivious to my surroundings.

I'm looking at the guide on mgoblue and it looks like there are two separate entities, Ann Arbor and UM, with Ann Arbor being closer to the stadium and $40, and UM $30. There are also a few different entrances for UM, Stadium, State, and Main.

Sooo...where should I go for the optimal tailgate??

DR said:
I usually tailgate at Pioneer, but I think I'm going to go with the golf course this year. I've been there once or twice but was always just along for the ride and oblivious to my surroundings.

I'm looking at the guide on mgoblue and it looks like there are two separate entities, Ann Arbor and UM, with Ann Arbor being closer to the stadium and $40, and UM $30. There are also a few different entrances for UM, Stadium, State, and Main.

Sooo...where should I go for the optimal tailgate??

that's maybe too subjective to give a meaningful answer to, but a couple years back we tailgated on the course near the Main Street entrance. We were on the southern end of the one hole there running North-South.

it wasn't too crowded at that end, so we didn't get a lot of passerby. If you're looking to meet people, I'd try the State street entrance. If you're already with a big group, you should go where we went. Our tailgate had a lot of people there, so we were in good company. and on the plus side, there were no lines for the bathroom, and it was a real golf-course bathroom, not a port-a-potty.

We always do the Golf Course (found out yesterday it will be opening at Noon for the 8pm ND game) and come in on the Main Street side, across from Pioneer.

It's always a pretty decent party in the area we take, down the hill towards the stadium from the entrance and looking at the back of the scoreboard.

My friend from UM (the principal's wife) is from Spain so in addition to the Block M, we always fly this flag --- so if you see it for ND, drop on in...

es!bull.gif

Thanks, MC, good info.

I was toying with the idea of tailgating for the ND game and either buying a ticket just after kickoff or watching it on satellite, but I'll probably just enjoy it at home.

Definitely going to be in town that weekend.

I'm still looking for an ND ticket. friend of mine just moved to Ann Arbor to start law school, and is supposed to be working on that...

I don't know where I'll be tailgating. the last couple times I've been back, we usually just go to Dominick's to catch up (since I'm with people I haven't seen in years), then walk to the Stadium.

MAN it's going to be good to be back... I can almost hear the roar of the crowd.

Back