Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

DetNews names Bro Rice #1 in football preseason poll

Michchamp

link.

pretty nifty eh?

going to be tough to repeat as state champs though.

Isn't Brother Rice always ranked #1 in the preseason?

That's how I remember it being.

Looking at the list, the top teams look pretty much like the top teams I used to hear about back when I was living in Michigan.

Ann Arbor Pioneer is ranked 21st; that's pretty cool, especially since they recently lost a whole lot of the talent pool to Skyline.

You can hear the stadium PA for Skyline from my buddy's deck in A2

Poll shows a clear downstate bias and I reject it on face.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can hear the stadium PA for Skyline from my buddy's deck in A2

Poll shows a clear downstate bias and I reject it on face. Muskegon and GR don't count

dude, traverse city is just a place to go visit and buy cherries. get over yourself.

You can hear the stadium PA for Skyline from my buddy's deck in A2 Poll shows a clear downstate bias and I reject it on face.

If you look at a satellite map you can see that Skyline is less than half a mile from the Wines/Forsythe complex as the crow flies; it could almost be part of it...

...but you can't get to Skyline from the Wines/Forsythe complex as the crow flies; you have to drive around...

map

Last edited:
If you look at a satellite map you can see that Skyline is less than half a mile from the Wines/Forsythe complex as the crow flies; it could almost be part of it...

...but you can't get to Skyline from the Wines/Forsythe complex as the crow flies; you have to drive around...

map

Yes, Dr. DeYoung walks to work every day from his house over to Wines but the neighborhood in which he and the Tiricos live has pretty confusing and winding roads.

I don't even know who that is. Ha!

No reason you would, really. He is the "Bo" of TC football and was the Study Hall teacher at TCHS. He routinely fell asleep and drooled on himself during the afternoon periods.

[url="http://static.record-eagle.com/2005/nov/16ools.htm]RIP Coach O[/url]

Yes, Dr. DeYoung walks to work every day from his house over to Wines but the neighborhood in which he and the Tiricos live has pretty confusing and winding roads.

I used to walk every day from my house over to Wines, too...then Forsythe after that.

Never walked to Pioneer, though; and I probably wouldn't have walked to Skyline, had it been there back in my day.

Unless I had been part crow, and could have flown over the pond and the freeway and the small wooded area (there seem to be some houses there now) between Wines/Forsythe and Skyline.

I used to walk every day from my house over to Wines, too...then Forsythe after that.

Never walked to Pioneer, though; and I probably wouldn't have walked to Skyline, had it been there back in my day.

Unless I had been part crow, and could have flown over the pond and the freeway and the small wooded area (there seem to be some houses there now) between Wines/Forsythe and Skyline.

"Come fly with me, let's fly, let's fly away ...."

Back