Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

espn buffoon skip bayless accuses Jeter of ped's

Bayless is a joke at times.... no way Jeter would jeopardize the Hall of Fame, for a few more years.

but if it ever was true, New York would be a shocked and sad town.

It's a very reasonable question to ask. He is 38 and having a resurgance. If you don't think it is a possibility you have your head in the sand.

Al Kaline must have been taking PEDs in 1972, based on Bayless's flawed, stupid, moronic logic.

I don't believe he's using but Dalton is right..you'd have to be naive not to at least consider it in the back of your mind. Is it fair for Jeter? No ..is it the way things are? Absolutely...we live in an age where you can't necessarily assume everyone is using, but I don't think you can count ANYONE out..even the captain. There's so much of it going around and stars are being caught every year.

for his sake and baseballs I hope he's not, but If it came out tomorrow that he was, could you really be shocked and amazed? I couldn't.

I don't believe he's using but Dalton is right..you'd have to be naive not to at least consider it in the back of your mind. Is it fair for Jeter? No ..is it the way things are? Absolutely...we live in an age where you can't necessarily assume everyone is using, but I don't think you can count ANYONE out..even the captain. There's so much of it going around and stars are being caught every year.

for his sake and baseballs I hope he's not, but If it came out tomorrow that he was, could you really be shocked and amazed? I couldn't.

Well then, why does not Bayless just call Jeter and ASK him? It's just such BS that many of these writers were in the midst of the PED rage and they buried it, until, finally, it was too big to contain.

NOW, boofs like Bayless are speculating on the topic because a very good player is having a resurgence.

Hank Aaron hit 47 HR at age 37, .327 BA. .298 the year before.
Ted Williams hit .388 at age 37.
George Brett hit .329 and a batting title at age 37. He hit .282 the year before.

Ty Cobb @ 37: .338 .418 .450 .867
Ty Cobb @ 38: .378 .468 .598 1.066

Guess they were PED-ing, too.

Well then, why does not Bayless just call Jeter and ASK him? It's just such BS that many of these writers were in the midst of the PED rage and they buried it, until, finally, it was too big to contain.

NOW, boofs like Bayless are speculating on the topic because a very good player is having a resurgence.

Hank Aaron hit 47 HR at age 37, .327 BA. .298 the year before.
Ted Williams hit .388 at age 37.
George Brett hit .329 and a batting title at age 37. He hit .282 the year before.

Ty Cobb @ 37: .338 .418 .450 .867
Ty Cobb @ 38: .378 .468 .598 1.066

Guess they were PED-ing, too.

Guys like Jeter are more to blame than anybody in the media. He could have turned in his many teammates that have been proven to have used PEDs. Him turning his back on it over the past 15-20 years is a big part of the reason that these questions are being asked now.

Guys like Jeter are more to blame than anybody in the media. He could have turned in his many teammates that have been proven to have used PEDs. Him turning his back on it over the past 15-20 years is a big part of the reason that these questions are being asked now.

So you'd have busted your mates in a New York minute. Okay. Especially when the media, who has a responsibility to report what they see was "less to blame" for NOT exposing the story.

So you'd have busted your mates in a New York minute. Okay. Especially when the media, who has a responsibility to report what they see was "less to blame" for NOT exposing the story.

The media didn't have the access that the players had. Most of the media didn't have a clue...if they would have known something for sure you know they would have broken the story. It would have only taken one player to spill the beans and it would have been exposed long ago!

As far as your question....would I have turned in my team mates. Probably not....I can honestly say that I would probably have used them too.

Listen, I'm not saying it's fair for guys like Jeter to have to justify these accusations with a response....I'm just saying it's the world we live in and if you think you can guarantee anyones innocence, you're being foolish. It's not like it would be that far fetched of an idea. Kind of a dickhead thing to just bring Jeter's name up for no reason for sure, but it's not like it's unreasonable.

Good stuff from all here.

It's true, the seeds of doubt are probably going to be there....even for players like Jeter, guys that are considered clean always, thome, and several others star or future HOF'ers.
Much of the distrust, has to do with how Selig and mlb turned away at it's height, to bring back the fans.

What sets me off is the shitheads at espn just sit back in their think tanks and try to come up with stuff like this that is just sensationalism, just trying to start a shit storm, getting fans on both sides of the fence with their own agendas ie. anti-yankees/or/Jeter, and the posters/fans that will come to Jeter's defense and get BS at skip bayclueless.
Putting Jeter's name in the same sentence with canseco and victor conte, is more of the same.
Why not drug test everyone that works at espn that is on the tv or radio, and nationalfoxsports for that matter.

Good stuff from all here.

It's true, the seeds of doubt are probably going to be there....even for players like Jeter, guys that are considered clean always, thome, and several others star or future HOF'ers.
Much of the distrust, has to do with how Selig and mlb turned away at it's height, to bring back the fans.

What sets me off is the shitheads at espn just sit back in their think tanks and try to come up with stuff like this that is just sensationalism, just trying to start a shit storm, getting fans on both sides of the fence with their own agendas ie. anti-yankees/or/Jeter, and the posters/fans that will come to Jeter's defense and get BS at skip bayclueless.
Putting Jeter's name in the same sentence with canseco and victor conte, is more of the same.
Why not drug test everyone that works at espn that is on the tv or radio, and nationalfoxsports for that matter.

Good post... I feel the same way. A real dick move to throw a classy guys name into the fire for no reason....but in the end, maybe not a totally unbelievable scenerio.

Listen, I'm not saying it's fair for guys like Jeter to have to justify these accusations with a response....I'm just saying it's the world we live in and if you think you can guarantee anyones innocence, you're being foolish. It's not like it would be that far fetched of an idea. Kind of a dickhead thing to just bring Jeter's name up for no reason for sure, but it's not like it's unreasonable.

Bayless is just muckraking as usual. Can't believe that he's missed Konerko's stats the last three seasons.

EDIT: And what about David Ortiz? Why didn't Bayless mention him?

Last edited:
Bayless is worthless.

He accused former Broncos WR Brandon Lloyd of intentionally dropping passes in order to make Tebow look bad. But he did so after calling Lloyd to say that he didn't actually believe waht he was going to say on 1st and Ten.

Not a single legit sports journalist believes a word he says and even the folks at ESPNsucks don't. His act is just that, an act and a contrived one at that. Why else would a washed out loser like StevenASmiff be relegated to being Skip's strawman ...the Colmes to Skip's Hannity.

It's sad that in this day, that the media outlets actually made a story out of "responding to Bayless' comments," because it was clear from the outset that there is no legitimacy to what he said.

So is it "possible" Jeter has started to cheat this late in his career like some washed up pitcher started lining his brim with Vagisil to get better spin on his curve....? Yes, it's possible.

But it's also possible that Skip Bayless sat in a production meeting with a handful of Bristol douche bags and wondered how they might revive the dying ratings of his ESPNsucks show.

Hell, Bill O'Reilly has made a career out of posing ludicrous possibilities just to get idiots to watch and react.

Sports journalism has become just another oxymoron, with the emphasis on "moron." It's glorified bar conversation without the Blatz and the Beer Nuts.

I often wonder: Is Bayless stupid or just trying to stir the pot? He has been owned a couple times this year. Time for him to retire.

Back