Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ryan Grant?

kgdetroit

I was listening to 97.1 and they mentioned a report that Ryan Grant might be in danger of not making the Packers. I know he's had some injury issues but if he's healthy he's gotta be an upgrade over what we have here. The Packers have to think he's either not the same back as he was 2 years ago, or they can roll with the backs that got the to the Super Bowl last year and can live without the 3.5 million he's due this year. If he's healthy, I think the Lions have to bring him in for a look.

Here's the link:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/24/ryan-grant-in-danger-of-not-making-the-packers/

Can't see it happening. I like Starks better but Grant is a talented back who has run with the 1s since camp opened and was already paid 1 mil + roster bonus.

if ryan grant is let go, we need to pick him up. one of my favorite RBs.

Grant should start, with sharing carries with starks. And green on most 3rd downs.

So excited for this year.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
Grant should start, with sharing carries with starks. And green on most 3rd downs.

I'm not going to lie Green is looking nice and probably the reason for those rumors along with of course Starks play in the playoffs last year. Green looks like the real deal. Scary for us Lions fans.

If only the Lions could get a RB that could stay healthy

cheeno said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

I'm not going to lie Green is looking nice and probably the reason for those rumors along with of course Starks play in the playoffs last year. Green looks like the real deal. Scary for us Lions fans.

Green is the draft pick I'm most excited about. Maybe Ted can send a deal with Flynn and Grant and get a big name player or draft picks. Buut things like that hardly happen lol

going NOWHERE.....

Updating a previous item, the Packers agreed to guarantee Ryan Grant's 2011 base salary when they reworked his contract earlier in camp.
This will lock Grant into a roster spot. Though his cost moved from $3.5 million to $2.5 million, the Packers aren't going to cut ties with a player guaranteed that much money. The $1 million slash was agreed upon by the Packers in order to use toward RG Josh Sitton and TE Jermichael Finley's likely forthcoming extensions. Grant remains the favorite for carries in Green Bay, but a possession-by-possession rotation with James Starks is a looming possibility.

SLICK said:
going NOWHERE.....

Updating a previous item, the Packers agreed to guarantee Ryan Grant's 2011 base salary when they reworked his contract earlier in camp.
This will lock Grant into a roster spot. Though his cost moved from $3.5 million to $2.5 million, the Packers aren't going to cut ties with a player guaranteed that much money. The $1 million slash was agreed upon by the Packers in order to use toward RG Josh Sitton and TE Jermichael Finley's likely forthcoming extensions. Grant remains the favorite for carries in Green Bay, but a possession-by-possession rotation with James Starks is a looming possibility.

Good.

I have never really been a fan of Grant. So let the pack keep him.

wheels002 said:
i havent either, but aside from last year he's at least been steady. he doesnt really excel in any one area, but hes a good all-around back. he fits well in the packers' offense because of that.

wheels002 said:

healthy...he's better then anything the Lions have on their roster.

He'd be wasted here anyway, running into those brick walls the O-line creates.

Romneybot said:

Gotta stop.using high draft picks on rb. You cam always fine value late in draft or free agency.

michiganct said:
Romneybot said:

Gotta stop.using high draft picks on rb. You cam always fine value late in draft or free agency.

do you wish the Bills passed on Spiller yet Chico ?

Back