Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU Season Predictions

JScottWriter

Ok Spartans fans or should I say Johnny2x2x, what do you think the record will be? I am close to saying another 10 win season but I will go 9-3. The 4 game stretch with Iowa, UM, Wisky, and Neb is rough and I think will have 2 losses in it. I also think MSU could lose to OSU or drop a surprising loss against a beatable opponent.

My prediction against Boise is MSU wins a close defensive battle 20-13.

11-1 regular season, loss at Wisconsin.

Rematch and redemption beating Wisconsin in B1G championship.

Rose Bowl win over Oklahoma (USC-SEC Championship, Oregon falls out of top 10)

We'll lose a game or two for sure IMO. OSU, ND, Nebraska, Mich, Wisky, we'll lose 2 of those 5 games.

We beat Boise after 4 TOs and 10-90 on penalties. The defense held Boise to without an offensive TD for the 1st time since 1997.

We'll lose a game or two for sure IMO. OSU, ND, Nebraska, Mich, Wisky, we'll lose 2 of those 5 games.

We beat Boise after 4 TOs and 10-90 on penalties. The defense held Boise to without an offensive TD for the 1st time since 1997.

I think the offense is going to make dramatic strides in the first 5 games. The defense is still the backbone, and will be what gives us the chance to win every week, but I have faith that tonight will be an outlier. We have talent, but they are all just so raw and jittery. I think we'll see a totally different offense next week (yes, opposing defense will have a lot to do with that), but that the important thing will be confidence gained. When Maxwell was playing comfortable and loose, we marched down on the first possession. Once that tipped INT happened, Maxwell tightened up and made several bad throws.

He'll be better.

Haha, Johnny and I changed our avatars around the same time to the same play. I think our offense will make strides if Maxwell becomes more of a game manager and uses a little more touch on his throws. I think the wrs and the rest of the offense will start to gel.

Maxwell showed he has a cannon and also showed he can make a play on the run, but he got shaken after the tipped INTs. Boise State was good, how good? We'll find out soon enough, but I am happy to get the win.

Also, AR White and Reynolds absolutely dominated the line of scrimmage from the DT position. Hoover was also a force. Their O line was supposed to be solid and they looked good against the rush. Their CBs are both future NFL players and they forced Maxwell to force a few in there. Chris Norman had a good game, but Max Bullough was the best player for us on defense. Our DBs are sick.

Our O line gave up no sacks and helped us run for over 200 and gain 461. Really, it was the WRs who played bad, they need to improve a lot for us to win the B1G.

Back