Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Does it bother anyone else...

Monster

Forum Manager
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Sacramento Kings
Michigan Wolverines
Detroit Pistons
...that everytime a discussion about ohio state, georgia tech, or miami is going on, we're always linked together with them as "an NCAA rule violator"? I understand that RR broke the rules, but why lump us in with those guys? Watching OTL right now and they put up a list of recent NCAA violators or those suspected of violations and of course they put us there too.

They had the above mentioned teams, plus oregon, boise state, auburn, and a couple more.

Yeah, it's complete BS. But it's just the media...you don't fans doing it. Even our rivals aren't trying to argue equivalence.

Yeah, I was watching some ESPN story on Miami earlier this week and they put up some graphic of all the major programs that got hit recently and we were lumped in with USC, Ohio State and Miami - it made me chuckle a little bit, but whatever. It's going to be that way for the next few years. I think the NCAA needs to re-evaluate their Major/Minor infractions and make them a little more spread out. Stretching for 20 minutes should not be the same kind of major infraction that paying players is.

the RR violation was the first violation Michigan Football had ever had if I remember correctly.

A little extra practice time is just as bad as getting cars, girls, money. Duh.

I'm suprised they named teams, they should have just said "everybody cheats".

[color=#FF6103 said:
Monster [/color]]the RR violation was the first violation Michigan Football had ever had if I remember correctly.

Certainly the 1st major. Not sure about minor violations. Didn't OSU self-reported something like 500 one year? I think those are tough to avoid.

Red and Guilty said:
[quote="Monster ":svn0uhbc]the RR violation was the first violation Michigan Football had ever had if I remember correctly.

Certainly the 1st major. Not sure about minor violations. Didn't OSU self-reported something like 500 one year? I think those are tough to avoid.[/quote:svn0uhbc]

Ha, yeah, and that was touted as evidence of how clean they were, in some twisted way.

Maize&Cheese304 said:
A little extra practice time is just as bad as getting cars, girls, money. Duh.

I'm suprised they named teams, they should have just said "everybody cheats".

. . . everybody murders . . .

Yeah that has bugged me. I know U of M is on probation I get that but when you consider what we did and what the other schools did. It's like getting a speeding ticket and being in the same news article as a murderer technically yes you broke the law but is what you did really that bad.

"Typical stuck up michigan fan, thinks its ok for them to cheat and nobody else." - espn troll

Maize&Cheese304 said:
"Typical stuck up michigan fan, thinks its ok for them to cheat and nobody else." - espn troll

You did that a little too well. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you.
shocked.gif

With Lane Kiffin cleared today, the sportsradio guys in LA were talking about some of this ... and naming all the recent big name programs too. I was pleased to hear one guy - a former SC player - clarify that while Michigan was on the list, "practicing too much" is hardly in the same league ....and then he poked fun at practicing too much and still losing.

which is sort of funny, admittedly.

bigvic said:
With Lane Kiffin cleared today, the sportsradio guys in LA were talking about some of this ... and naming all the recent big name programs too. I was pleased to hear one guy - a former SC player - clarify that while Michigan was on the list, "practicing too much" is hardly in the same league ....and then he poked fun at practicing too much and still losing.

Right. We OBVIOUSLY needed the extra practice.

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Maize&Cheese304 said:

You did that a little too well. I'm gonna have to keep an eye on you.
shocked.gif

I'm a buckeye fan that lives in Virginia who acts like a Michigan fan that lives in Wv. I'm a very complex troll.

M_RABID said:
bigvic said:

Right. We OBVIOUSLY needed the extra practice.

The extra practice with the previous coaching staff may have actually hurt the team. Especially the defense. It couldn't have ben good for them to spend more time around the likes of Tony Gibson, GERG, and RR.

Back