Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Free Press punked by Photoshop

Dang, I have been out of state for about 6 years now. Guess I missed the fall.

The Freep, and most news paper sources now, are no more informative than this message board. In fact, this message board is probably ten times better at covering Michigan sports than the major newspapers. Their sporting section is essentially 2 or 3 day old news in most cases. I remember even just 10 years ago I used to love to read the sports section because it was all news to me but now I read it and I'm like, "I knew that 2 days ago". Or, in this case, you laugh because you knew it was a obvious photoshop job from a fan - yet the Freep is clueless enough to think it's real. They just haven't caught up to the internet age and if they want to stay around they need to start hiring people not as "sports writers" but people who spend all of their time covering, and blogging, about 1 particular sport. Have a couple for each sport in the area, tigers, lions, red wings, pistons, MSU, Mich, the other colleges and HS. It would provide a much better read and probably draw a ton of people to their site for actual news - rather than just opinions from Drew Sharp that are meant to be so annoying that people buy the paper just to be annoyed at him.

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
The Freep, and most news paper sources now, are no more informative than this message board. In fact, this message board is probably ten times better at covering Michigan sports than the major newspapers. Their sporting section is essentially 2 or 3 day old news in most cases. I remember even just 10 years ago I used to love to read the sports section because it was all news to me but now I read it and I'm like, "I knew that 2 days ago". Or, in this case, you laugh because you knew it was a obvious photoshop job from a fan - yet the Freep is clueless enough to think it's real. They just haven't caught up to the internet age and if they want to stay around they need to start hiring people not as "sports writers" but people who spend all of their time covering, and blogging, about 1 particular sport. Have a couple for each sport in the area, tigers, lions, red wings, pistons, MSU, Mich, the other colleges and HS. It would provide a much better read and probably draw a ton of people to their site for actual news - rather than just opinions from Drew Sharp that are meant to be so annoying that people buy the paper just to be annoyed at him.

Ah, the good times...when half the sports scores were listed as "inc." and the only thing they could write about was stuff from the day before yesterday.

Back