Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Opening night thread: Dallas vs NYG

Mitchrapp

Northern Michigan Wildcats
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Its not Detroit and most of us don't like these teams, outside Tony and his Giants and Beez and his Cowboys but its football and I'm tired of talking about the Tigers.

Yeah im having a few of the guys over to enjoy my new man cave and watch the game.

When did the SSB become an R&B song?

Just started watching the game and have to admit...not a big fan of how that was done, but whatever.

That said, the absolutely most incredible version of Amazing Grace I ever heard was by a college band (unfortunately not sure which college, just know it was a smaller All-Black one) when I was working at Disney and they came down to Main Street prior to the afternoon parade. They performed an uptempo version with a sweet funk that literally resulted in the only time I've seen a band get a standing ovation for a pre-parade performance. Sometimes taking a traditional song and changing it up can result in a stunningly beautiful moment...but QL's SSB tonight does not fall into that category IMHO.

Come on Giants. I can't stand the Cowboys.

I wasn't bored at all after the 1st quarter.

Holy crap i was posting stuff on ebay and thought this game was on Thursday... I missed the whole damn thing...lol... I was watching the tigers though!!!!

The game was supposed to be Thurs but they moved it to Wednesday so as to not trump the Presidents speech at the DNC

The Giants are hard to watch most of the time. They want to be a running team but they cant run and their offense doesnt start to really move till they let Eli start throwing it.

That's because you're a Cowboy fan. Partial observer would be bored to tears.

Why?

41 points, 7 point win, 2 4th quarter TD's, 520 yards 4 tds and 1 int by the QB's, 209 yards by the RBs and a td, a break out performance by a guy with no tds in his career, on a stage where everyone seemed to be handing the Giants a win.

Sounds like you meant it was boring because you were impartial. Bored to tears seems a bit harsh.

Yeah I thought it was an interesting game. Impressed by Dallas new CBs(especially the rookie against Nicks) though Carr gave up 2 big plays and got lucky on another to Hixon.

Tuck,Osi(against sub par Oline),Corey Webster did not show up at all. And Hicks and Cruz didn't have good games.

Cowboys had some penalties but they looked good. Murray runs like a beast. Romo looked good other than the int and was suprisingly protected some. Good win on the road for the Cowboys. Hope they do the same to the Bears and the Giants don't play like that against the Packers.

Last edited:
Yeah I thought it was an interesting game. Impressed by Dallas new CBs(especially the rookie against Nicks) though Carr gave up 2 big plays and got lucky on another to Hixon.

Tuck,Osi(against sub par Oline),Corey Webster did not show up at all. And Hicks and Cruz didn't have good games.

Cowboys had some penalties but they looked good. Murray runs like a beast. Romo looked good other than the int and was suprisingly protected some. Good win on the road for the Cowboys. Hope they do the same to the Bears and the Giants don't play like that against the Packers.

For the most part I agree...

Cowboys had A LOT of penalties lol and the line was beaten like a drum for most of the night. The DB's were fantastic and I thought Carr had a really good game. The one big play he gave up wasn't really bad coverage as much as a mistimed jump and a good play by Nicks..he locked down most of the night.

Claiborne got away with some contact but I was really impressed with his confidence. He was not backing down a touch at the line of scrimmage.

Murray is a stud and runs angry. Love the way he never quits and finds the smallest of holes because lets be honest, he wasn't getting those "Man I could run through that" kind of gaps. He's gotta learn not to dip his head so much at the point of contact though or he's not gonna last long.

Romo was as good as you could ask for..as you said, he forced that one under pressure in a spot where you just take the sack. (Great hustle by the big boy to save a TD there btw)..believe he was like 22-29 and the team had 4 drops.

Miles was a non factor until late. Witten never got involved in the passing game but had some quality blocking efforts. Dez was Dez and Ogletree had the game of his life. Never did anything too special but was as reliable as can be and beat his man consistently.

Team HAS to get better on the line and with penalties or it'll be a frustrating season once again but overall a very nice impressive win.

Romo closed.

Maybe I'm confusing the players but didn't the announces say nicks was limited in practice and playing banged up basically making an excuse for why he wasn't playing good. Then later in the game they said claiborne shut him down. So which was it, a bad game by nicks or a good game by claiborne?

Back