Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Les Miles

wlvrnstlr4life

I was wrong to have ever wanted this piece of shit. I was hoping we would snag him instead of Hoke. I was so so wrong. The guy is shady and would have gotten Michigan into trouble. If Hoke doesn't win, oh well. If hindsight were tomorrow, it would still be a better hire.

Yeah I agree there is more to this bar fight and I really have a feeling the next school in the headlines will be LSU or bama.

I think some always thoight there was shadiness
I think therec been stuff right below the surface too

I feel exactly the same w4L.

I was PISSED when the Hoke hire was announced and the rumors flew about Heebing the salary offer for Miles.

I wanted in order, Harbaugh, Miles, Hoke.

I couldn't be happier about it now.

HOKEMANIA !!!!!

I was preachin' it back then. Miles was no good. There's no excuse for Elliot Porter. Regular oversigning is bad enough, but there's no reason to wait as long as Miles did to spring it on the kid.

looking back at old posts...I forgot about this one:

http://boards.espn.go.com/boards/mb/mb?sport=ncaa&id=130&tid=8031316&lid=8

My main point on Miles and the Porter thing was this:

In my view, he's pushing the envelope on SEC practices, not just falling in line out of neccesity

I also said this:

Well, since Harbaugh is off the table, if there's a Shakespear play we're loosely following, I hope it's The Taming of the Shrew. We got a Bianca last time around, I'm hoping for more of a Katherina this time.

I prefer Hoke over Miles as well. I might have felt a little differently awhile back, but the more I read about Miles, the less (no pun intended) I like him.

Hoke has some work to do, but I think he will be a success here.

I had heard at the time that DB had absolutely no interest in Miles at all but had to satiate a portion of the alumni/fanbase and at least go through the motions. I was pretty surprised when the day of the BCS title game, some hack at ESPN said Miles would be the next coach but then again, the media rarely guesses right with M coaching hires!

bigvic said:
I had heard at the time that DB had absolutely no interest in Miles at all but had to satiate a portion of the alumni/fanbase and at least go through the motions. I was pretty surprised when the day of the BCS title game, some hack at ESPN said Miles would be the next coach but then again, the media rarely guesses right with M coaching hires!

I heard that scenario described as the Bo-faction vs. the Lloyd-faction.

I remember that Vic. they were talking as if it was already official that Miles was the new coach. I hate it when they do that........you can never trust ESPN with breaking news based on what some other source is reporting.

Remember awhile back they were reporting something on the front page of ESPN that the Detroit Free Press was reporting something (I can't remember what is was exactly)......then you go to the freep and they are citing some other source. Its like everyone wants to have the first report so that their name/paper gets cited. Garbage I say.....complete garbage! But that's journalism I guess.

Harbaugh was the target and once he declined, it was going to be Hoke. And I'm glad -- I was a bit mixed when ESPN ran with "Miles is the guy," but didn't feel totally comfortable with him.

MGoBlog has a terrible blog today about the RR era, its end and Brian's having wanted a "big name" guy like Miles over Hoke.

Get over it, time to move on ...

Even though recruiting is more than half the battle in college football, I've always thought Miles was more lucky than good. Some of the calls he makes and his time management are attrocious, but the kids seemed to have made plays in the big moments for him. I know he's been successful for a descent period but I just felt like with that reckless style, he'd come here and flop while under the microscope. Now you throw in the off the field stuff and I'm even more happy we didnt get him. I wanted Rich Rod over him when the rumors started up the 1st time around.

Beez said:
Even though recruiting is more than half the battle in college football, I've always thought Miles was more lucky than good. Some of the calls he makes and his time management are attrocious, but the kids seemed to have made plays in the big moments for him. I know he's been successful for a descent period but I just felt like with that reckless style, he'd come here and flop while under the microscope. Now you throw in the off the field stuff and I'm even more happy we didnt get him. I wanted Rich Rod over him when the rumors started up the 1st time around.

So it's YOUR fault!

Back