Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Charles Woodson on Jay Cutler's "Goodluck" comment

beez

During the week leading up to the game, the veteran Packers defensive back heard Cutler wish the Green Bay secondary "good luck" trying to play physical with the Bears bigger receivers.

At the end of the Packers' 23-10 victory on Thursday, it was Woodson who was doing the talking.

"Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it," Woodson told ESPN's Rachel Nichols after the game. "We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck, we just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball."

During the week leading up to the game, the veteran Packers defensive back heard Cutler wish the Green Bay secondary "good luck" trying to play physical with the Bears bigger receivers.

At the end of the Packers' 23-10 victory on Thursday, it was Woodson who was doing the talking.

"Heard some talk out of the Bears: Packers secondary not working coverage, bigger receivers ... we heard about it," Woodson told ESPN's Rachel Nichols after the game. "We understand that Jay is excited about his new weapons, but it's the same-old Jay. We don't need luck, we just need to be in position. Jay will throw us the ball."

Im not a UofM or Packers fan, but I respect the hell out of Woodson. He is a boss. Pretty funny too

I coulda swore I put this in the NFL part..my bad.

Last edited:
Woodson put Cutler in his place, lol.

Yeah that was pretty good. Not like anyone can dispute it either with Jays history against GB.

Was probably sparked even more because of a play during the game. Woodson jumped in Cutler face thinking he was going to have to knock the pass down. Jay pumped and Woodson kind of stumbled and fell into his legs..Jay gave him a little kick on the ground kind of saying stay the fuck off my knees and Chuck didn't like that at all.

You would think someone who hasn't even won as much as a playoff game in this league would be more humble. I was puzzled when denver first unloaded him, as I thought he was much better than orton, but the intangibles and attitude this guy brings to the table, more than offsets the talent he has.

Last edited:
You would think someone who hasn't even won as much as a playoff game in this league would be more humble. I was puzzled when denver first unloaded him, as I thought he was much better than orton, but the intangibles and attitude this guy brings to the table, more than offsets the talent he has.

Rocket arm, good athletic ability, pretty good accuracy...not much after that. When his #1 option gets open thats when he looks like a stud. If they don't, he looks like a rookie with a cannon that has no safety.

Cutler gave Woodson a little kick during a play as well when Woodson came on a safety blitz. Does Goodell give it a look? He should...

Yeah that was pretty good. Not like anyone can dispute it either with Jays history against GB.

Was probably sparked even more because of a play during the game. Woodson jumped in Cutler face thinking he was going to have to knock the pass down. Jay pumped and Woodson kind of stumbled and fell into his legs..Jay gave him a little kick on the ground kind of saying stay the fuck off my knees and Chuck didn't like that at all.

Oops...i missed that you wrote this. You think Goodell should look at it? You can't be kicking at a guy regardless if it was just a tap or a "stomp". See what i did there? ;)

Oops...i missed that you wrote this. You think Goodell should look at it? You can't be kicking at a guy regardless if it was just a tap or a "stomp". See what i did there? ;)

I'd have to see it against...if he nudged him I can't see any actions being taken..if he kicked or stomped then absolutely. To answer your question better, yes it should be looked at.

What about Mike Wallace pushing that ref yesterday? You see that? That could be a suspension.

Cutler gave Woodson a little kick during a play as well when Woodson came on a safety blitz. Does Goodell give it a look? He should...

Has Goodell been heard from since the Saints ruling?

There have been rumors of sniffling noises coming from his office but no one will confirm or deny.

Back