Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU-Notre Dame Predictions thread

everyoneneedsasmil

How do you see this game shaking out? Who need to do well for either team, and who has a chance to break out or bust?

I think MSU starts kind of slow, trying to force the run, but ends up hitting big plays against the ND secondary when they stack the box. The defense continues to dominate, and I expect to see good pressure on Golson. Maxwell needs to do well to win, Bell has a chance to break out (I think most are expecting ND's rush defense to keep him below superhuman numbers), and I think if we bust it will be on our WRs. We have the better overall team and should prove it Saturday night.

MSU - 30
ND - 14

Last edited:
close game... MSU struggles, throws a few picks, wins close at the end 23-20.

MSU & NotreDame both suck.

I think MSU starts kind of slow, trying to force the run, but ends up hitting big plays against the ND secondary when they stack the box. ...

I don't see that happening. Do you even have a legit deep threat this season?

I think you need to hope Maxwell (or wahtever his name is) can just manage to hit enough short to mid range passes to keep the ball moving.

I don't see that happening. Do you even have a legit deep threat this season?

I think you need to hope Maxwell (or wahtever his name is) can just manage to hit enough short to mid range passes to keep the ball moving.

It's honestly hard to judge our deep threats only two games into the season, but Fowler and Arnett both have shown that ability (we won't know consistency for a few more games). It also has as much to do with ND's secondary, which doesn't impress me much.

Bell is going to get a lot of carries, and ND is going to have it's hands full just stopping the run. Once they are forced to put extra emphasis there, it will really open up space for the WRs and Sims. It shouldn't be overlooked that Maxwell threw for over 250 yards in both games, with at least one big pass in both as well. Two of his three interceptions were directly into the hands of his receiver. The third should have been batted down by the receiver if he couldn't catch it. He's young and a little overzealous, but he's shown skill. I said if MSU blows it, it will probably be on the receivers, who admittedly could throw in a Boise-type stinker again and drop or give away the ball.

It will probably help also that the MSU D should play a big factor in giving the offense quality field position.

Hard game to predict and even harder to decide which team I prefer to lose.

I give the overall advantage to MSU based on the physical defense and homefield and revenge factor for last year's stunning loss to the shitty Irish.

But, the Irish has a decent offense and some weapons whereas MSU's offense is Bell, Bell and a bit more Bell. I wouldn't be surprised if he carried the ball 40+ times with some trick play thrown in by Dumbtonio at some point, catching the ND defense biting on the run (like in the OP).

Hopefully it takes multiple overtimes and the game lasts well into the night before some team wins. I think it will be close but that the Irish get lucky

NDsucks - 24
MSU - 23

I hope the rest of MSU's opponents underestimate their offense like that, Victors, I'm not opposed to easy wins.

MSU offense shows signs of life against a ND defense that stacks the box early and often. Maxwell his a couple of long balls and Sims has 7+ catches.

MSU defense stays stingy....giving up one big play TD but not much else.....until it's too late.

MSU - 34
ND - 20

I hope the rest of MSU's opponents underestimate their offense like that, Victors, I'm not opposed to easy wins.

Single game predictions are just that. The reason MSU lost to NDsucks last year was because they played shit teams in weeks 1-2. Same thing this year -- "Boise State" isn't Boise State.

State may win for sure but if Bell somehow gets hurt in Q1, all bets are off. He is The Man.

Dantonio is playing "TresselBall" this year - Defense, Field Position, Special Teams and then Offense. Ohio* in Lansing, if you will...

MSU is at home and the better overall team. With that said these games are usually close. I think MSU does play "Tressell ball" like Victor said and keeps the ball in Bell's hands and has Maxwell make safe plays.

MSU 17
ND 13

Back