Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Should we do a 2011 prediction thread?

I think you just did...

There's a website called "Football Outsiders" a friend of mine from Wisconsin showed me. They base a lot of their predictions on obscure stats that they've found influence performance from year to year. I read their Big Ten preview last week, and agree with most of it. They predict the Big Ten championship will be us versus ohio.

I wouldn't exactly go that far, but they had our over/under at eight (8) wins, which is what I would agree with. We're definitely going to have a couple games go down to the wire, i.e. within one score, likely ND, @MSU, & Ohio State, and how we fare in those will determine whether we go over or under 8 wins. Iowa and Nebraska could be tight too.

They only have Ohio State in the title game because they predict that even with the losses & suspensions, they only have one game they need to win (home vs. Wisconsin) in order to win that division, and have enough talent to let "Tressel ball" carry them to wins against the rest of division.

as much as I'd like to see ohio crash and burn, that seems reasonable to me. unless Illinois or Penn State have above-average years, that division is ohio's to lose in 2011.

All I can is say is if Hoke could manage to beat ND, MSU and O$U this year. He would be a god at U of M for life and they would start making his statue after just 1 year.

THAT would be a tough order... but then again, I feel that the breaks have been going against us for so long, we are due for some over-achievements.

I never thought we'd drop seven* in a row to ohio, lose to App St, get blown out by Oregon, lose NINE (9) games in one season, lose to a MAC team like Toledo, or have a 4-18 Big Ten record over three seasons.

So maybe statistically, we're due for some big wins to get us back to our overall program winning percentage?

Sat., Sep. 3 vs. Western Michigan - WIN
Sat., Sep. 10 vs. Notre Dame - LOSE
Sat., Sep. 17 vs. Eastern Michigan - WIN
Sat., Sep. 24 vs. San Diego State - WIN
Sat., Oct. 1 vs. Minnesota - WIN
Sat., Oct. 8 at Northwestern - WIN
Sat., Oct. 15 at Michigan State - WIN
Sat., Oct. 29 vs. Purdue - WIN
Sat., Nov. 5 at Iowa - LOSE
Sat., Nov. 12 at Illinois - WIN
Sat., Nov. 19 vs. Nebraska - LOSE
Sat., Nov. 26 vs. Ohio State - LOSE

I'd say we're looking at an 8-4 season with a 7-5 season if we lose to MSU.

Western Michigan - WIN
Notre Dame - WIN
Eastern Michigan - WIN
San Diego State - WIN
Minnesota - WIN
Northwestern - WIN
Michigan State - LOSE
Purdue - WIN
Iowa - LOSE
Illinois - WIN
Nebraska - LOSE
Ohio State - WIN

I think we beat that team from Ohio this year, lose to MSU by a late FG and lose a close one to Nebraska. We take the first night game ever in AA and mark it with a "W" All and all a good season and an 9-3 record. If we can block that FG from Sparty, then we take the W and end up 10-2. Could be some wishful thinking in there, but I have to believe that we are only moving up in the Win column and why not start this year?........GO BLUE!

Well so far I have been solid with my predictions for each game this season. and would like to take the time to toot my own horn for a second.
I only hope that we can take out Nebraska and O$U* to finish strong (and of course Illinois without gettign ahead of myself). I truly believe that we can do it since those games will be at home, but we shall see. I'm very pleased with the way our Defense has played this year all things considered. That is all. Go Blue!

yes you are, but you have a very different outlook on the last two games of the season. I hope you are wrong with those picks. :)

Back