Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Keep the Red out campaign. For

michlady77

Nebraska and then tosu

Lustening to brsndon

About not selling tix to those folks other than what we give them in official allotment

That was just mentioned

He felt for other reasons they needed a way for secondary market

Too long for me to type his reason on the iphone

We are waiting for hoke

michlady77 said:
That was just mentioned

He felt for other reasons they needed a way for secondary market

Too long for me to type his reason on the iphone

We are waiting for hoke

Does he expect sellers to interview potential buyers before agreeing to terms?

does "keeping the Red out" include red-headed guys like Red_and_Guilty?

More will come on thus

But no they cant screen
The point us to not sell your tix for those games!

MichChamp02 said:
does "keeping the Red out" include red-headed guys like Red_and_Guilty?

If it does, then it's their fault if the crowd isn't loud enough.

ps i was suppsoed to post what i heard but this will get some press soon i am sure

as for stubhub, they tried to justify that many ticket holders are out of town and wanted a way to resell their tickets

the whole thing is that the price is between seller and buyer, price does not affect what athletics receives..

there is no way to control who you sell too - you can't just say no to ohio residents and many of them are Michigan fans and alumni

oh well

CU has had a similar effort on and off over the years due to having played the Cornholers around Thanksgiving every year. Not only has half the state of Nebraska moved to Colorado anyways, but Lincoln is about 7 hours from Boulder and the games at Folsum would be 1/3 red. Different coaches tried different things but what it ultimately came down to was whether or not the team was competitive.

And CU fans aren't nearly as passionate as MICHIGAN fans (for the most part), so there was always this idea of scalping your tickets to anyone and just going skiing that day instead.

victors11

this is all about what happened 2 years ago with osu game - a good 50% of the stadium was wearing red

(ps my previous post was i wasn't supposed to post what i did but i am sure this will get attention soon)

michlady77 said:
victors11

this is all about what happened 2 years ago with osu game - a good 50% of the stadium was wearing red

(ps my previous post was i wasn't supposed to post what i did but i am sure this will get attention soon)

I flew back to Ann Arbor for that game. I did my part. I don't think it was 50% but it was bad.

Red tends to exaggerate itself in aerial stadium ahots and I'd heard about that game. I think in general, things are different. Broncos games have sold out forever but the past few yrs -- since the economy started slagging, especially -- people scalp their tickets and don't know who theyre selling to. I know as a Red Wings fan i've gotten Avs tickets on StubHub but didn't wear my Wings hat when I met the dude selling them.

Red and Guilty said:
michlady77 said:
victors11

I flew back to Ann Arbor for that game. I did my part. I don't think it was 50% but it was bad.

you have red hair... you contributed to the problem. you certainly did not help it, unless maybe you dyed your hair blue that week

believe me from my section on 35 yard line - i had more red around me than not... it was really kind of sad

MichChamp02 said:
Red and Guilty said:

you have red hair... you contributed to the problem. you certainly did not help it, unless maybe you dyed your hair blue that week

I had a blue hat on.

saw this in the old threads. Any way to know how many tix for the game have gone up on the secondary market? I can't imagine it will be as bad as 2009, that was embarrassing.

a number are out there

just go to stub hub and query and they have already sold some

due to the holiday, i kinow some students (like out of state) might not be there

michlady77 said:
ps i was suppsoed to post what i heard but this will get some press soon i am sure

as for stubhub, they tried to justify that many ticket holders are out of town and wanted a way to resell their tickets

the whole thing is that the price is between seller and buyer, price does not affect what athletics receives..

there is no way to control who you sell too - you can't just say no to ohio residents and many of them are Michigan fans and alumni

oh well

that's bs, ml and everyone knows it. Everyone can turn tickets back into the ticket office. These people are just out to make a buck.

Back