Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

MSU vs O$U game thread

gotime909

Rough start for the D. Down 7-0 already. Maxwell better show something today!

Looking like we'll need some turnovers, cause this D looks slow today.

Ugh, such a bad passing game and Conroy is just a mess kicking this year. Seriously, a miss in EVERY game so far?!?!?!?!

Well you got to win when you win the turnover margin. If the refs wouldn't have blown the ball dead on the last Miller fumble, the Spartans would have been playing with the lead. Maxwell and the Spartans offense played a little better than I expected.

Well you got to win when you win the turnover margin. If the refs wouldn't have blown the ball dead on the last Miller fumble, the Spartans would have been playing with the lead. Maxwell and the Spartans offense played a little better than I expected.
Maxwell played MUCH better than I expected. The WR's made a few plays, but they dropped some really nice downfield passes that could have broke the game open a bit in the first half.

The OL is trash!!! Never opened ONE hole the entire game.

Conroy made a couple long fg's, but the missed short one was a killer.

Travis Jackson (C) is done for the year with a broken leg and MCL.

We are now without 3 of our 5 starters on O line. Fonutu and Jackson are done for the season. Had some depth, but it's a noticeable dropoff if you have to replace all 3.

Thats rough especially when you are a running team. Maxwell did make some nice throws today but your WR's are still very inconsistent.

Treadwell did come back this game and got some reps, he and Allen will man the 2 interior line positions in the trenches. Burkland is not as good of a pass blocker as Fonoti, but he's bigger and gets a better push. We had depth at O line to start the year and thank goodness, it's still a decent unit.

I'd like to see them work Hill in for some carries as a change of pace. They were really stacking the line, especially the middle. A home run hitter could open it up a bit for Bell.

Back