Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Appalachian State

wheels002

Appalachian State

We will be playing them to open the season 2014 at the big house. You know we will hear a lot about this when the game gets close.

Appalachian State

All eyes will be on this game lol. College GameDay!

Appalachian State

Any team Michigan has a losing record to is welcome on the schedule in my book. I'm surprised App State agreed to play. No quitting while they're ahead, I guess. I give them credit for that.

Appalachian State

DR said:
Are you kidding me??

Worst. Idea. Ever.

It was the worst idea ever the first time. Now we need to clean up the all-time record book. It was a total lose-lose the first time...not this time.

Appalachian State

Red and Guilty said:
DR said:
Are you kidding me??

Worst. Idea. Ever.

It was the worst idea ever the first time. Now we need to clean up the all-time record book. It was a total lose-lose the first time...not this time.

Unless we . . . NO, I can't say it . . .

Appalachian State

App State earned the right to call us up for a game whenever they feel like it when they won the friggin' game. If we tie up the series we can be picky.

Appalachian State

Besides, we don't know who called who. Imagine if they called us and we said "no"

Appalachian State

The more I think about it the more this works for both sides. The team that beat us was a defending national champ and they won the year they beat us to. Well those players have all moved on and they will make big money off this game. Plus all the people who will want to go for revenge. You know Hoke will have them boys all fired up.

Appalachian State

yes. looking forward to this. we should not even consider the unthinkable.

Appalachian State

Maybe it's just me then, but a win will not give me any satisfaction whatsoever. I don't care what App State has earned, and the benefit of evening out the record books will be more than outweighed by the nonstop images of 2007 we'll have to endure. I can't see how it's good for the program either. This really puts the phrase "any pr is good pr" to test.

Appalachian State

Teams Michigan should try to schedule: App St., Arizona St., Army, BYU, Cornell, Miss St., UNC, Oklahoma, USC, Tennessee, Texas, and Toledo

Appalachian State

DR said:
Maybe it's just me then, but a win will not give me any satisfaction whatsoever. I don't care what App State has earned, and the benefit of evening out the record books...woohoo...will be more than outweighed by the nonstop images of 2007 we'll have to endure. I can't see how it's good for the program either. This really puts the phrase "any pr is good pr" to test.

You're not thinking long term enough if you worry more about seeing those images again than fixing the record books. Future generations will see all time records. They're not here to see the replaying of the horror.

Appalachian State

Ha, I took out the woohoo after thinking about it, but still...if many from future generations do happen to look through the record books, what exactly do you think is going to happen if they notice the 0-1 mark against App St? Do you think seeing 1-1 is going to make a difference? All that matters is the second 1.

Appalachian State

i don't think it is bad idea

they are looking at going up to FBS status

Appalachian State

And it's not so much that I'll personally have to see the images, but that the nation will. More people will see that, and it will have more impact, than those that happen to look at the all time record books. Not saying it'll have much impact...but the record book thing will have even less. Really this one probably comes down to that pride aspect we got into it about before.

Appalachian State

DR said:
Ha, I took out the woohoo after thinking about it, but still...if many from future generations do happen to look through the record books, what exactly do you think is going to happen if they notice the 0-1 mark against App St? Do you think seeing 1-1 is going to make a difference? All that matters is the second 1.

I've looked up the stat a few times...which involves game from past generations. I'd like to see the number of D1 teams with a winning record over Michigan go to zero. Even if we don't get there, it would be nice to get it down to just a few...until it becomes a stat people can remember. Like "The only D1 teams with winning records over Michigan are Cornell and USC." That's doable in not too many decades.

Appalachian State

Red and Guilty said:
DR said:
Are you kidding me??

Worst. Idea. Ever.

Totally agree.

Back