Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

street view of scoreboards is just the block M

michlady77

on navy

not even the split block M with Michigan across it - just the block M

that is the new standard

here's a cool picture of them

8841715_orig.jpg

that is cool

they were doing something on the southside spraying something on it wheni drove up main street around 5- probably some kind of coating

I was up there for the fan day. The screens are amazing. You can see the North Scoreboard from Pioneer High's parking lot crystal clear.

The refs are going to hate replays on those things.

Incredible! My buddy sent a text saying he'd received the ND game tickets as I was at the airport, waiting to board.

I just copied this pic and replied back .....can't FREAKING wait!!!!!!!!!!

I might be in NC for this game I hope I can make it up from there. If not I'll be at the Michigan bar in Charlotte drunk and screaming I always get super hyped when we play ND.

BTW, if you notice - those are not the stadium lights lighting up the big house - that is only the screens. They almost didn't need to install lights with those screens on board lol. It looks like the sun is coming out of the stadium. It's going to be bright as heck with those on AND the lights.

Just a stat comparison:
Cowboy's stadium HD screen 152-by-72-foot
dm_090828_nfl_cowboys_scoreboard.jpg

Michigan stadium HD screen: 85 - by -47-foot
scoreboard_thumb.jpg

Ok so they are smaller than jerry's ego. They are still very cool. This is a quote from DB I thought was funny and a jab at MSU.

Great to be at #MSED Summer Tailgate! Will @MSUAD really get 2 video boards bigger than ours in #MichiganStadium?Can he afford them? #goblue

Those screens will be fat to see in person and watch replays of Denard ripping down the sideline against 'Bama about 53 weeks from now - couldn't care less how big they are compared to M Stadium, though.

wheels002 said:
Ok so they are smaller than jerry's ego. They are still very cool. This is a quote from DB I thought was funny and a jab at MSU.

Great to be at #MSED Summer Tailgate! Will @MSUAD really get 2 video boards bigger than ours in #MichiganStadium?Can he afford them? #goblue

and like I keep saying - we have TWO of them. Most schools with bigger screens than us have only ONE of them and usually there is a good portion of their fans that can't even see them because they're sitting directly underneath the one they have. I love the size of these and think they're really nicely proportional to the rest of the stadium.

wow! that is a great picture...............and I wouldn't have even noticed that the lights weren't even on it you hadn't pointed it out. Going to be very bright in that stadium! very cool.......

Back