Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Terrible news tonight!

thewolverines24

So I was at my parents tonight having dinner. My Mom lets me know that she had four free tickets to the Michigan vs Notre Dame game!! Sounds like great news right? Not for me! I have to be in a god damn wedding that night so she just had to give the tickets away to someone else! There is no other way to describe how I feel than....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Was the wedding a brother/sister or best friend? If not, the tickets were the right choice.

TheWolverines24 said:
So I was at my parents tonight having dinner. My Mom lets me know that she had four free tickets to the Michigan vs Notre Dame game!! Sounds like great news right? Not for me! I have to be in a god damn wedding that night so she just had to give the tickets away to someone else! There is no other way to describe how I feel than....FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!!!!!

Sorry W24.
I was forced to report you to the Mods for this.
reason: Not taking the M v ND Night Game tix over the wedding.

I hope that person was reallllllyyyy important. Or you were in the wedding.

M_RABID said:
TheWolverines24 said:

Sorry W24.

You just wasted 8 seconds of my life.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="M_RABID":36hu9obq]

Sorry W24.

You just wasted 8 seconds of my life. [/quote:36hu9obq]

BWAHHH HAHAHAH AHHHHAHAHHAHHA A AHAHA AH HAH AHAH A HH AHHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA A AHA AHA AHAH AHA HHAH

ha.

I said I did. So I did. It had to be done.

If it wasn't such a close friend, I would have taken the tickets in a heartbeat. I'm in the wedding and I have been friends with this guy since since 8th grade. No way I could skip his wedding. It would be very shady and a complete dick move on my part.

Back a few years ago I was in a Friday night, fall wedding and thought cool, who gets married on a Friday night ..I won't miss any games!!

Then the stupid Twins get into the post-season and the Michigan/Minnesota game gets moved to THAT FLIPPING FRIDAY NIGHT!!

I never did see John Navarre lumbering down the sideline on that trick play or the huge comeback but, I did turn a table full of Kansas Jayhawks into Michigan fans with each text I got during the reception, updating me on the game.

bigvic said:
Back a few years ago I was in a Friday night, fall wedding and thought cool, who gets married on a Friday night ..I won't miss any games!!

Then the stupid Twins get into the post-season and the Michigan/Minnesota game gets moved to THAT FLIPPING FRIDAY NIGHT!!

I never did see John Navarre lumbering down the sideline on that trick play or the huge comeback but, I did turn a table full of Kansas Jayhawks into Michigan fans with each text I got during the reception, updating me on the game.

Luckily for me, I won't miss one single play of the game. They are going to have TVs set up at the reception so people can watch the game. Enough people complained about the fact they couldn't watch the game, that the bride posted on FB last week "No need to worry everyone. We will have TVs at the reception and all of them will be on the Michigan vs Notre Dame game".

I think I'm going to bring one of my jerseys and put it on over my tux during the game.

TheWolverines24 said:
If it wasn't such a close friend, I would have taken the tickets in a heartbeat. I'm in the wedding and I have been friends with this guy since since 8th grade. No way I could skip his wedding. It would be very shady and a complete dick move on my part.

I literally would have looked him in the face and said, no. You chose a fall wedding. Plus you probably could have been in the wedding and left in time for the game (unless it's somewhere far away).

MAIZEandBLUE09 said:
TheWolverines24 said:

I literally would have looked him in the face and said, no. You chose a fall wedding. Plus you probably could have been in the wedding and left in time for the game (unless it's somewhere far away).

I live in Indy and that is where the wedding is. Unfortunately there isn't any way I could do the wedding and then make it up to Ann Arbor in time.

bigvic said:

Ha. BigHo was watching that game at my house and left early when they were down by a few touchdowns. I think his girl at the time prompted the move, but I didn't let him forget it for a while.

TheWolverines24 said:
bigvic said:

Luckily for me, I won't miss one single play of the game. They are going to have TVs set up at the reception so people can watch the game. Enough people complained about the fact they couldn't watch the game, that the bride posted on FB last week "No need to worry everyone. We will have TVs at the reception and all of them will be on the Michigan vs Notre Dame game".

I think I'm going to bring one of my jerseys and put it on over my tux during the game.

C'mon man, get your priorities straight. Put the jersey on during the wedding!

whew. I saw the thread title, and the first image I could conjure up was T-Woolf clutching his ankle.

Back