Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Notre Dame tickets

maizeblue68

So my soon to be former friends ticket source just backed out on selling us tickets for the game. I am ready to bite the bullet and shell out $300 per ticket on stub hub. He wants to wait til game day and buy from a scalper at the game, thinking he can get them less expensive this way. I have never bought tickets at the game before... anyone want to give me some advice? Which one of us is thinking more rationally? (if spending $300 per ticket can be considered rational...I think it is BTW)

That's a lot of money. Not familar with scalping but to a ND game I doubt you get them much cheaper. And if you get them more than face value its illegal so I'd watch it.

yeah I'd get them on stubhub. If you buy them out front, they might not even be real tickets.

Yeah, stubhub is pretty good. You'll pay a lot but you are sure to get real tickets. Can't say the same for anywhere else.

I think I'm going to have to go the stubhub route. My connection for a ticket said student tickets are going for $200+ and since I'd have to buy the "non-student" sticker to get in, it comes out to close to $285 anyway.

the only question is... how long do I wait to see if the price drops???

MichChamp02 said:
I think I'm going to have to go the stubhub route. My connection for a ticket said student tickets are going for $200+ and since I'd have to buy the "non-student" sticker to get in, it comes out to close to $285 anyway.

the only question is... how long do I wait to see if the price drops???

I'm guessing prices just go up as tickets come off the market

in my few experiences with stubhub, people tend to price things way higher than the market will bear, but drop prices as it gets closer to the date and they lose nerve.

there were over 1500 listed when I last checked.

MichChamp02 said:
in my few experiences with stubhub, people tend to price things way higher than the market will bear, but drop prices as it gets closer to the date and they lose nerve.

there were over 1500 listed when I last checked.

Agreed. All it comes down to is peace of mind in having tickets or just rolling the dice, but my guess is you can prob pay less than $300 if you're patient. And StubHub does allow you to find a section, etc where scalpers or others selling might not give you that luxury.

Me, I will be in Sec 11, Row 10!

I think those new scoreboards will come in handy from Row 10

My awesome parents dropped over 1700 for 4 tickets for my brother and my birthday (same day) for the ND game. Needless to say they are pretty much the shit. Section 19 row 60ish cant wait! FYI that is more than a mortgage payment for me (ouch)

I am sec 43 row 52. I would steer away from scalpers I know people will be out there selling fake tickets. Stub Hub may not be cheaper but they are safer and if you buy fake tickets you are screwed. Brandon said on Twitter the other day that if we had the seats we could sell another 150k tickets for this game. The crowd is gonna be CRAZY!

Hey! I know a guy who's mom has four tickets, but he can't go cuz he's in a wedding. Maybe you two can get together?

GoBlueInAtlanta said:
Hey! I know a guy who's mom has four tickets, but he can't go cuz he's in a wedding. Maybe you two can get together?
lol good one.

thanks for the advice everyone...i will be cheering loud from somewhere in the big house with an empty wallet....

I paid $600 for two in the 2nd row at ND in 2006...the most I ever paid.........but you know what?....Like Vic said, I had piece of mind, no stress, and enjoyed the entire day beforehand stress free...............I leave nothing to happenstance when it comes to UM football.

I paid $250 a piece for my 2 on StubHub. I didn't really mind paying that much because it's always expensive for games vs ND, MSU, O$U. I just figured I want to be there so I better buy them.

Section 16 Row 71

Just found out on Friday that my tickets fell through as well for ND.

The good news was that one of my buddys messaged me via FB that day and said he had extras for WMU so I am going to that instead.

Really wanted to go to the night game, but WMU will still be fun.

I have bought tix day of game many times and have had pretty good success. I'll be doing the same for the ND game. I find that it's a waiting game and scalpers/students get pretty desperate (in fear of not being able to sell) and will accept much lower than their initial asking price. If you can tolerate potentially missing the kickoff, buying game day is much more economical.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]That's alot of money for two, may 7 - 8 win teams.

its not about how good the teams are for me - its being part of michigan football history as being in attendance at the first night game in Michigan football history.

of course it would be better if UM won the game and had a great season to boot....

Yeah, it's not "two 7/8-win teams" playing on 9/10 at MICHIGAN STADIUM it's ...

MICHIGAN and NOTRE DAME (sucks!)

Big, big difference ...esp if you are an Alum of either

Back