Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Elimination Thread

grandy

Tigers have won the AL Central on 9/16/11

KC eliminated on 9/6/11
Minnesota eliminated on 9/6/11
Chicago eliminated on 9/15/11
Cleveland eliminated on 9/16/11

A little early there fella but still ok to track as long as you dont get too pumped ala as others of us did on the other board in 09". Thanks for doing the computing. Anytime it is actually under 30 I am ready to track along with you .....but in great moderation.

I love all the useless information. This is not sarcasm. I am a baseball nerd and love useless stats.

Why not get pumped. Are we suppose to be bummed all year because of 2009?

Cool and cool, but doesn't the official "magic number countdown" start with September 1st?
Isn't it almost always right around "wear your college colors" day; which this year is Friday, September 2nd?

Go Tigers, and by the way, Go Blue! I'll be wearing Tigers and Michigan gear all week this week....

With all the day games, I'm not going to bother updating this til tomorrow

However, the Tigers magic number is now 26

The amazing thing is how really fast the number can drop. The really bad thing is that it can stall out like a bad fart. "HEY....who has a spatula around here?!!!

Updated after yesterday, magic number is now 25 and Chicago is now in 2nd place

Chicago's schedule is interesting, they have 31 games left and 28 of them are against AL central teams (28 straight games actually). With 6 against the Indians left, hopefully they beat each other up.

tycobb420 said:
Sox are coming on. Hopefully, too little too late!

Not sure they're coming on. They just seem to be stuck on below .500 to barely above. In fact they were within 3 not all that long ago. They're regressing.

Everything is updated, magic number moves to 24

When you look at the amount needed to get to 85, it really hammers home what Cleveland and Chicago are up against. If we can weather the next week, the Sox will fade.

tycobb420 said:
When you look at the amount needed to get to 85, it really hammers home what Cleveland and Chicago are up against. If we can weather the next week, the Sox will fade.

90 wins isn't out of the question either and would require a ridiculous run by either Chicago or Cleveland (> .750).

Nice win...magic number now 23. If the Sox and Indians lose, it will be down to 22. Sox are close to getting an L and the Indians don't play til 7.

Side note: With the loss, KC has failed to achieve a winning season again for the 8th season in a row, they now have only one winning season in the last 17 seasons.

Updated, Cleveland moves into 2nd with the win and Chicago's loss

Back