Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. twins Game Thread August 26

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Tigers lineup :
Jackson CF
Ordonez RF
Young LF
Cabrera 1B
Martinez DH
Avila C
Peralta SS
Raburn 2B
Inge 3B
Porcello P

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/preview?gameId=310826109&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-minnesota-twins
Tigers vs. twins Game Preview.
from espn

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/batvspitch/_/id/29966/rick-porcello
Porcello vs. twins. mauer, moroneau, cruddyer 9 for 55. kubel 12 for 28

http://espn.go.com/mlb/player/stats/_/id/30985/scott-diamond
diamond rookie pitcher.
from espn

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.jsp?gid=2011_08_26_detmlb_minmlb_1&mode=gameday&c_id=det
Gameday from mlb.com

http://scores.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=310826109&teams=detroit-tigers-vs-minnesota-twins
Boxscore from espn

No Brennan Boesch, as expected, due to the thumb. On the flip side, no Joe Mauer for Minnesota.
Jason Beck

Kinda sad Cabrera only gets one day for a new baby to be honest. Is that a union rule or up to the club/player? If thats a union thing, damn they have a shitty union lol.

Anyways, glad hes back!

Raburn + Cringe back to back should be exciting /puke

Ordonez back in RF...yippie.

"The Tigers won't face Jim Thome, who accepted a waiver trade to Cleveland on Thursday. Jason Kubel and Joe Mauer also could be out of the Minnesota lineup, with Kubel waiting to hear his waiver fate and Mauer dealing with a stiff neck that forced him to miss Thursday's 6-1 loss to Baltimore."

Kinda nice Kubel may be out too....he hits us fairly well.

mhughes0021 said:
Kinda sad Cabrera only gets one day for a new baby to be honest. Is that a union rule or up to the club/player? If thats a union thing, damn they have a shitty union lol.

Anyways, glad hes back!

I was reading the paternity leave is for 1 to 3 days.

mudhen and cringe, yeah bit of a double puke, maybe with the twins rookie pitcher one of them can connect with one deep, not holding my breath,

old Magglio, sigh, would love to see him get hot and shed the piano on his back in right and on the basepaths.

mhughes0021 said:
"The Tigers won't face Jim Thome, who accepted a waiver trade to Cleveland on Thursday. Jason Kubel and Joe Mauer also could be out of the Minnesota lineup, with Kubel waiting to hear his waiver fate and Mauer dealing with a stiff neck that forced him to miss Thursday's 6-1 loss to Baltimore."

Kinda nice Kubel may be out too....he hits us fairly well.

porkykubel is 12 for 28 against Rick, but he was claimed and mlbtraderumors are saying not the whitesox. another team tbd.

So what is Porcello's deal? Mental? Mechanics? He's just not as good as we thought in 2009?

tycobb420 said:
So what is Porcello's deal? Mental? Mechanics? He's just not as good as we thought in 2009?

Has the be mechanics.

When he gets his 2-seamer/sinker down he gets a ton of ground ball outs, think in 2009 he lead the AL...

This year he seems to leave a lot of pitches up in the zone.

Could also be whatever secondary pitches they had him working on are not very good.

mhughes0021 said:

Anyways, glad hes back!

The last time Cabrera came back from Paternity Leave after the birth of a daughter, he hit 3 homeruns in his first game.
shocked.gif

MI_Thumb said:
tycobb420 said:

Has the be mechanics.

When he gets his 2-seamer/sinker down he gets a ton of ground ball outs, think in 2009 he lead the AL...

This year he seems to leave a lot of pitches up in the zone.

Could also be whatever secondary pitches they had him working on are not very good.

The rays announcers did a good job explaining how JV can use so many different pitches to get people out consistently. He can use his curve, change, slider and fastball an out pitch. Ricky doesnt really use any of his pitches very well as out pitches lol. Ground balls, yes, when hes pitching well he'll get a lot of those. But that means guys are still contacting the ball. He gets touched up often and sometime when you get touched up often bad things happen and all of a sudden you give up a couple runs in an inning. Basically, im saying just strike everyone out and you wont have to worry about it
laugh.png

Inge right back out there i see.....LOL!!!

Fucking Leyland is pathetic......wow.

tonyballs said:
Inge right back out there i see.....LOL!!!

Fucking Leyland is pathetic......wow.

"Betemit is a better player , when he doesn't play everyday" - Jimmy Smokes

We kind of lucked out with Span being on the DL as well. That guys always seems to play up against us. Not so much this year, but still enough to worry me.

LOL Leyland said on his radio pregame show that Santiago needed a rest, and I quote: "we gotta watch him real close, you know, 3 or 4 games in a row and he really drops, gets real, real tired, so he needs a blow tonight".

Seriously? Avila can catch 17 games in a row, but Santiago cant play 4 in a row at second base?

And here I though he only smoked cigarettes.

Jacob Turner is pitching tonight also means that a 9/1 start vs kansas city would line up perfectly for him, then Verlander pitches 9/2 vs. whitesox

Miguel Cabrera was handing out cigars today to celebrate the birth of his son. Don Kelly and his wife also had a son this morning.

where's mine Miguel?

[color=#006400 said:
KalineCountry[/color]]Miguel Cabrera was handing out cigars today to celebrate the birth of his son. Don Kelly and his wife also had a son this morning.

where's mine Miguel?

I'm sure if he knew the time you have invested in the club, he'd send one!

Back