Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Quotes from Nerdstreit and Meyer on defense

Michchamp

From this Freep Article: http://www.freep.com/article/20110826/SPORTS06/108260452/ESPN-s-Kirk-Herbstreit-Eight-wins-Michigan

<blockquote>Kirk Herbstreit, who said on the air: "There's so much momentum now in Ann Arbor, and I think it's legit. I think Brady Hoke is going to find a way to win eight games this year."

That might seem low to some U-M faithful, but Herbie said the defense is a "work in progress.
"</blockquote> That sounds like the typical "I scanned some blogs to see what people have been saying and then repeated the concensus on the air" approach to broadcasting we've come to expect from ESPN.

Meyer said he actually watched one of our practices: <blockquote>But Urban Meyer, a former OSU assistant who hired U-M defensive coordinator Greg Mattison at Florida, wasn't so critical.

"I watched a spring practice, watched real close, spent time with Greg and Brady, and I was expecting something much worse than what I saw," Meyer said on a media conference call.

"I saw a bunch of good players out there running around and being well coached. I don't think they're near as far off as what you saw at the end of the season last year.
"</blockquote>

Just as Herbie will never completely dismiss OSU; he will never completely give love to UM. It's not in his DNA. I respect the guy but one must always consider the source.

I think Herbie is pretty reluctant to ever say anything *definitive* about MICHIGAN again ... He got burned and burned badly.

Plus, he and his family were basically chased out of Columbus for his not being pro-Ohio* enough!

I give the guy credit and think he's usually pretty good with analysis. But there's no way he'll go out on a limb again when it comes to UM.

I can't remember if it was herb or robert smith, but one of them said ND is overrated, but gave a prediction of 8-4. Nice to see that not every ESPN analyst is sucking golden domer cock this year.

Just saw it -- Herbstreit reminded everyone it is still a rebuilding project and that 8-4 with the "right" 8 wins would be a sign of improvement....

i just don't see where this "huge improvement" is coming from.

whoa, monster, what happened to your karma, dude? you're going to be reborn as an untouchable

MichChamp02 said:
whoa, monster, what happened to your karma, dude? you're going to be reborn as an untouchable

not going to name names, but someone thought it was fun to smite me every single hour, so i took away their game by putting myself at -787 a couple days ago.

edit: so yes, i can see who smites who. smite me all you want or exalt me. until board karma becomes real life karma, i don't care. lol

Back