Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Red Dawn reboot

Michchamp

Oh my god... I saw some of the previews on the idiot box this weekend.

this looks like the dumbest, like THE DUMBEST movie to come along in quite a while.

if it was true that Hollywood always had some degree of contempt for the viewing public, it's boiled over into outright sneering at this point.

how lame is it that they changed the invaders from the Chinese to the North Koreans to avoid pissing off the Chinese?

it must've been the work of the token America-hating politically-correct University Professor among the film's producers. Goddamn those Hollywood Liberals!

also, I wonder how exactly North Korea would get across the Pacific to invade us since their navy consists of maybe a couple rowboats and canoes, and a couple of WWII-surplus diesel subs. My guess is there is an undiscovered land bridge we just never happened to notice that runs from NK, around Japan, and across the Pacific to Seattle.

Last edited by a moderator:
also, I wonder how exactly North Korea would get across the Pacific to invade us since their navy consists of maybe a couple rowboats and canoes, and a couple of WWII-surplus diesel subs. My guess is there is an undiscovered land bridge we just never happened to notice that runs from NK, around Japan, and across the Pacific to Seattle.

The N. Koreans invented a portal gun!

how lame is it that they changed the invaders from the Chinese to the North Koreans to avoid pissing off the Chinese?

it must've been the work of the token America-hating politically-correct University Professor among the film's producers. Goddamn those Hollywood Liberals!

Well they couldn't have the invaders be from Canada because then it wouldn't be Red Dawn, it would be Canadian Bacon.

Well they couldn't have the invaders be from Canada because then it wouldn't be Red Dawn, it would be Canadian Bacon.

it could be called "Red Bacon Dawn"

anyways, no REAL American would ever back down from making a dumb, pandering, hackneyed nationalistic pseudo-war flick just because it risked offending some foreigners... "They" do not matter; all that matters is "us" ...

Last edited by a moderator:
wasnt this movie filmed about four years ago? It has to suck to take this long to be released

We should go to war with Canada just for them insinuating that ham-like substance is, or even associated with, Bacon.

Fuck, if only Romney had won.

Maybe they snuck in through the undersea tunnel between Northern Ireland and the UK.

that exists, right? Did we argue about that at one time? I can never keep track of all my online arguments.

We actually argued about whether Northern Ireland was part of Great Britain, so I looked it up and discovered you were right; it is not; however the United Kingdom is commonly referred to as Great Britain; they did it throughout the Olympics, so I learned that referring to the nation of the United Kingdom as Great Britain is a common misnombre - which is why I thought Northern Ireland was part of Great Britain in the first place.

The rest of the thread was primarily humorous, and a lot people joined in in discussing ferry routes throughout many parts of the world.

There is no tunnel between the two, but there are two tunnels almost as long as such a tunnel would be; the famous Chunnel from Dover to Calais, and some tunnel in Japan.

Last edited:
Back