Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I hate Lee Corso

wheels002

He must not know that he will be in AA in just 2 short weeks. He just said on gameday that Michigan will be lucky to win 5. Desmond and Herbie say 8. I still think we are looking at 7-8 but hoping for more.

On a side note Desmond who lives in Miami said he has met and talked with Nevin Shapiro and said you could tell this guy was slime and up to no good. He said after talking to him he felt like he needed a shower after to wash his scuz off and there is no way people around Miami didn't know what he had been up to for 8 years. I felt the same way after listening to an RR press conference.

He has Holtzitus...he thinks ND will be world beaters.

Thanks for reminding me of someone I hate more than Corso lol.

wheels002 said:
He must not know that he will be in AA in just 2 short weeks. He just said on gameday that Michigan will be lucky to win 5. Desmond and Herbie say 8. I still think we are looking at 7-8 but hoping for more.

On a side note Desmond who lives in Miami said he has met and talked with Nevin Shapiro and said you could tell this guy was slime and up to no good. He said after talking to him he felt like he needed a shower after to wash his scuz off and there is no way people around Miami didn't know what he had been up to for 8 years. I felt the same way after listening to an RR press conference.
Not so fast my friend lol

Well, having him predict Michigan as the winner for like 5 of the last 8 or so Mich v OSU games - it's pretty much proven that his prediction means very little.

wheels002 said:
Thanks for reminding me of someone I hate more than Corso lol.

Shlow down Wheelszh.
Letsh not turn thish thread into a "Lou Holtszch shlam" thread.

I've been thinking about these predictions. I guess I can't hate someone for predicting that my team would have a losing season, even if I disagree. The FREEP's prediction article was almost as dire as Corso's; I think the best number was 7 wins; Drew sharp had us at 6. No one thought we could do better than 7. That was irritating enough...

My problem is that these guys all dumped on RichRod, which was fair, because I don't think he coached well, but now they're turning around and using all his reasons for failure to explain why we're not going to win more than 7 games, and that's the high estimate...

the prevailing wisdom seems to be that we're in for a long adjustment; and RichRod's main problem on defense were due to a lack of talent.

None of these guys are going to put their reputations on the line by bucking the prevailing wisdom. Isn't there some sort of saying along the lines of if you are going to buck the trend, you better be right? it's ok to be wrong as long as you're going along with the conventional wisdom.

You have to remember that Lee Corso will always have the Indiana-Michigan game to lean back emotionally on for his comments about Michigan. As far as Desmond and Herbstreit, I trust Desmond's comments about 1000 x's more because Captain Kirk will always paint a "Buckeye"-angle to his views.

After all, it was Herbstreit who DEFENDED Tressel's actions after his resignation, er...retirement AND this week on College Gameday Captain Kirk still picked the Buckeyes to win the Big Ten Conference.

As far was total-win production I think saying 5 wins is low mainly because the schedule is more favorable this year than last. I would like to see a 8-win regular season, but would not be surprised if Michigan finished 7-5. However, if the stars align and everything falls into place quickly on defense, a 10-2 regular season record isn't that unbelievable either...

another place I go to for predictions/fantasy draft stuff is Football Outsiders. it's written by a bunch of odd balls from Wisconsin, who, as their name implies are totally removed from the game, and just analyze the statistical trends. Think Jeff Sagarin meets beer & brats.

They have our mean win total at 8, and predict the Big Ten championship game will be Michigan - ohio*.

Their model predicts our offense will stay about the same statistically, (which was good if you only go by the numbers and ignore the 7 points against ohio & the bad halves against MSU, Iowa, UW, etc.) and the defense will improve by quite a bit. That translates into more wins & a competitive team.

MichChamp02 said:
I've been thinking about these predictions. I guess I can't hate someone for predicting that my team would have a losing season, even if I disagree. The FREEP's prediction article was almost as dire as Corso's; I think the best number was 7 wins; Drew sharp had us at 6. No one thought we could do better than 7. That was irritating enough...

My problem is that these guys all dumped on RichRod, which was fair, because I don't think he coached well, but now they're turning around and using all his reasons for failure to explain why we're not going to win more than 7 games, and that's the high estimate...

the prevailing wisdom seems to be that we're in for a long adjustment; and RichRod's main problem on defense were due to a lack of talent.

None of these guys are going to put their reputations on the line by bucking the prevailing wisdom. Isn't there some sort of saying along the lines of if you are going to buck the trend, you better be right? it's ok to be wrong as long as you're going along with the conventional wisdom.

I think Hoke was a freep approved hire, so they're going to do everything they can to diminish expectations, which would help ease a potentially rocky transition. At least they're using their powers of propaganda to benefit UM this time around.

That ESPN commercial where the Oregon Duck has a Corso head on is hillarious.

Yep, Corso will be slobbering all over UM by the end of the season if all goes well.

It's all pretty contrived at this point, anyways. You can't have Desmond Howard sitting up there without someone picking M to disappoint. Herbie is usually pretty good, IMO but Corso is just up there for the laughs.

I actually dread it when Corso Picks us to win any game. I call it the Corso Curse.

Didn't Corso advertise Indiana's new "red pants" as a reason to come see the team when he coached there?

Back