Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Road to the Lottery

everyoneneedsasmil

Here are the current standings for lottery teams looking for that elusive top pick.

UPDATED!

1) Washington (1-12) - Has a team ever been terrible with 2 #1 overall picks? the Wiz aim to find out
2) Toronto (3-13) - Unlucky or just bad? Probably playing better than several teams with better records.
3) Cleveland (3-12) - Kyrie can really put the point in point guard, now he just needs to play some D and take care of the ball.
4) New Orleans (4-10) - Surprisingly bad defense considering their coach and first overall pick.
5) Sacramento (4-10) - Sooner or later, their players will have to figure out how to play team basketball, right?
6) Detroit (5-11) - Record with Stuckey starting: 0-8. Record with Stuckey on the bench: 5-3. Coincidence?
7) Orlando (5-9) - Punching above their weight because they defend every night.
8) Portland (6-9) - Learning the fine are of snatching defeat from the clutches of victory
9-11) Minnesota (6-8), Phoenix, Dallas (7-9)

Last edited:
Going into this season, expectations were not high for this team. They are not getting blown out. They are scoring. Defense needs addressing. They hustle.
When all that money falls off the books, the Pistons will be a player in the free agent market. A lot of the current roster will probably become 6, 7, and 8 off the bench...with a ton of experience. The pain is temporary.

They have been hanging with teams. Monroe = 22, Knight = 20, Drummond = 19. Monroe is really good for being the age of a senior in college. Knight has shown flashes of being a very solid PG, and even while looking lost at times on the court this year, Drummond has looked solid for how young he is and being a big.

I still don't understand paying a number 9 pick so few minutes. Let him play.

I still don't understand paying a number 9 pick so few minutes. Let him play.

I'm in agreement with this in all sports. People have this notion that someone is not ready or they'll hit a wall or you'll ruin his confidence. I think that's BS. Give him some more minutes. There's no better experience then playing. If you're good, you'll figure it out. If you're not then you're Darko and you'll never figure it out. We stink, so it's not like we're benching some all star to give him minutes. Just don't keep him on the bench for those old school notions.

Remember in football when rookie QB's should sit a year or 2...or no rookie can win their first season, etc. Now you're seeing examples of rookie QB's winning right away. Or Mike Trout being 19 and having the season he had...or even Miggy when he first came into the league. If you can play and are good then you figure it out pretty quickly. I'm in favor of baptism by fire.

I'm in agreement with this in all sports. People have this notion that someone is not ready or they'll hit a wall or you'll ruin his confidence. I think that's BS. Give him some more minutes. There's no better experience then playing. If you're good, you'll figure it out. If you're not then you're Darko and you'll never figure it out. We stink, so it's not like we're benching some all star to give him minutes. Just don't keep him on the bench for those old school notions.

Remember in football when rookie QB's should sit a year or 2...or no rookie can win their first season, etc. Now you're seeing examples of rookie QB's winning right away. Or Mike Trout being 19 and having the season he had...or even Miggy when he first came into the league. If you can play and are good then you figure it out pretty quickly. I'm in favor of baptism by fire.

I agree...he isn't going to get any better sitting on the bench. This season is going to be a waste anyway.....just throw him into the fire!

Standings updated, we no longer have the worst record in the league! Still the worst point differential, but progress is progress.

Drummond got some ESPN love today as being a very pleasant surprise. Let's hope Frank starts the youth movement earlier than not.

Especially since they're getting their ass handed to them on the boards. Play the new young big.

I used to love the NBA. I haven't followed it for many years. Am I missing anything? Thanks.

I haven't watched an NBA game in years so I'd have to say no, byco.

Back