Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Verlander Officially An Ace..On The Chica Criteria

lions2011

Chica himself said you had to have won either a Cy Young or 20 games in a season to be considered an "Ace:...lol

now not even the gimp Chica has a retort.

true story. if he was actually still here, he'd probably come up with some excuse for why he's still not an ace.

boogerlovejoy said:
interiminequities said:
Real aces play for the Yankees or Red Sox.

Yeah, when they're 36 and useless.
I'm just trying to think of what other bullshit criteria he might come up with.

If you reverse the numbers, Verlander only has 02 wins. Weaver can make corn talk.

I thought he was already on record as saying 1 year doesn't count no matter what happens? Think he also called this the year of the pitcher so it wont count.

20 wins and a likely Cy Young this year and it's still not enough.

SLICK said:
Chica himself said you had to have won either a Cy Young or 20 games in a season to be considered an "Ace:...lol

Actually. You should read what you wrote. "To be considered." The other guy was right. I need more than one year to make any decisions, but yes, it surely will be "considered." I will have no probablem calling him an ace next year and I hope he performs great again. It's people like u that are blowing this out of proportion. I'm not rooting for him to fail, I just don't jump the gun on players and slap rididoulous expectations on them. If I did,brandon inge would be a hall of famer, Chris shelton would be an all star, and the lions would make playoff every year after they have a dominating Preseason. I have my way of making judgement on players just like you make fun of other people because u lack self esteem. Ps, this will be the last time I respond to you because I'm actually here to talk sports, not turn this into a 7th grade classroom. I also respect Monster and what he's doing here and I'd rather see this board be used appropriately.

michiganct said:
SLICK said:

Actually. You should read what you wrote. "To be considered." The other guy was right. I need more than one year to make any decisions, but yes, it surely will be "considered." I will have no probablem calling him an ace next year and I hope he performs great again. It's people like u that are blowing this out of proportion. I'm not rooting for him to fail, I just don't jump the gun on players and slap rididoulous expectations on them. If I did,brandon inge would be a hall of famer, Chris shelton would be an all star, and the lions would make playoff every year after they have a dominating Preseason. I have my way of making judgement on players just like you make fun of other people because u lack self esteem. Ps, this will be the last time I respond to you because I'm actually here to talk sports, not turn this into a 7th grade classroom. I also respect Monster and what he's doing here and I'd rather see this board be used appropriately.

He won 19 games last year you fucking idiot and 20 + this year....seriously Monster get rid of this fucking goof.

These threads continue to be some of my favorites. I love that chica sticks by his guns even when he knows he is wrong. Initially he started by claiming that JV wasn't an ace in his attempt to be objective. He was wrong by the way but we all can be wrong, hell, I said signing VMart was a bad idea. The only difference is that the more rediculous he looks the louder he argues that he is right. At one point in time the argument stopped being about JV and took a Bill Clinton turn as he tried to argue the definition of a word that everybody already knows the definition of. It is the height of arrogance to try to claim that only you alone know the true definition of a word that has been used for years. Please don't get rid of Chica. This has been a very entertaining thread and I think he is finally starting to see the light even if he does try to claim that JV only this year became a "true ace".

I think the problem people have with Chica is that he has a moving target on the criteria for an Ace. And also that the players he claimed were aces before don't even meet his new criteria for being an Ace. And he's either too dumb or too stubborn to admit he was making a pretty outrageous statement.

Note: If Verlander wins 3 more games this year and continues his pace in other stats he'll have a 3 year average of 20 wins, about a 3.10 ERA, with a WHIP about 1.08, 240 innings and 250 Ks. Not a bad 3 years for an average pitcher...but then again Chica will change his criteria to 5 years, I mean anyone can be put up those stats for 3 seasons.

He wouldn't be an ACE on half of the MLB teams.

That's right, let all the other teams in the MLB know right now that if JV was available, there's a 50% chance he wouldn't be an ace on their team.

Verlander NEEDS to be traded now! His value is higher than it's ever been! pull the trigger DD.

end of sarcasm attack.

We couple probably get quite the package thought. Not young prospects but young Major Leaguers.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]We couple probably get quite the package thought. Not young prospects but young Major Leaguers.

you'd get a package like the Jays got for Halladay , probably even a little better...JV is only 28

Back