Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Football finals Match-up Friday's games

biggunsbob

Friday, Nov. 23... All Games should be on Fox Sports Detroit Live or taped delayed or on the internet at Fox sports.
10 am

Division 8
Beal City (213) (13-0) vs. Harbor Beach (245) (12-1).

Beal City was last in the Final and winning in 2009. Historically they are a football power with a overall record since 1950 of 417-183-3. If I looked at it right they are 2-3 in state finals.. Harbor Beach is a little bigger school then Beal city and has a overall record of 326-240-6. if i looked at it right they are 0-1 in finals and that was in 1991. Teams seem real similar Beal City points for and against is 542-148 with 2 shutouts, and HB is at 567-182 with 4 shutouts.
HB just beat Muskegon Catholic Central and its only loss was to Menominee which just loss last week to another private school... I think I am leaning toward the Beach and their tougher schedule but it is hard to go against Beal City...
Beach by 7.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division 2 - 1 pm
Muskegon (1144) (12-1) vs. Birmingham Brother Rice (1336) (11-2) .
Both of theses schools are historical state football powers. The Big Reds overall are 425-180-10 and BBR is 397-129-4.(since 1962). Both have won multiple state titles.. BBR is defending champs and won last year over Lowell... The Big reds last title was in 2008...
BBR points for and against are at 397-186 and the Big reds is at 477-236.. Both teams have one shutout..
I do think BBR plays a tougher schedule by a smidgen.. It is very hard for me to pick against the bigger school that is defending state champions but the Big Reds are so explosive.. Muskegon by 4...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Division 6 - 4:30 pm
Ithaca (402) (13-0) vs. Constantine (371) (11-2)
This is a rematch of last years D-6 final which Ithaca won 42-14. (Tied 14-14 at halftime) They will be going for a 3 peat as they also won in 2010 verses Monroe St Mary Catholic.. They are riding a 41 game winning streak and have not lost since November 20th 2009 in a regional final to that years state title winner Montague.. Historically they are at 352-208-18 and football power Constantine is historically 406-185-11..I think they are 0-3 in state finals...

Ithaca is 2-0 in state finals.. Constantine points for and against are real nice at 593/299 with 1 shutout but check this out.. The defending 2 time state title winners in division 6 are 638/83 with 7 shutouts.. Like last year this game will not be close...The Yellowjackets roll to their third title in a row in blowout fashion.. Ithaca by 20+...
Division 4 - 7:30 pm
Grand Rapids South Christian 660 (10-3) vs. Detroit Country Day 685 (11-2)
The battle of the I could give a rats A$$ who wins...South is 1-3 in state finals last winning in 2002. They are on a 6 game winning streak this year and playing their best ball at the right time. SC has been playing football since 1965 and is 288-178-2 overall..

Detroit Country Day i believe if I looked at it right is 3-3 in state finals last losing in 2007-08 but winning in 1999..other finals games predate that one..Historically they are 364-203-5.. SC points for and against is 436/205 with 2 shutouts,and DCD is at 426/174 with 4 shutouts.. Both teams have a really decent schedule ( I think SC has played the tough schedule)
I think this game will be close in a D-4 all private school battle... Even though Grand Rapids South Christian is only 5 miles or less from my house they are Byron Centers bitter rivals so I cannot pick them.LOL. But that leaves me with the other private school...YUCK!!!!! Pick-em game Day I guess..

If you see any mistakes feel free to correct them.. Good luck to all the schools..

Last edited:
Beach won by 10....I said 7.

BBC won by 7.. I took Big reds by 4 because I hate private school teams..:(My bad..

Ithaca won by 10 and I thought it would be 20.. like last year..

I said SC and DDC would be a PK game and it was 14-7 until a explosion by Byron centers hated rivals..

Hopefully I will do better on Saturday but I doubt it.. Damn i knew SC played a really good schedule..People do not think West Michigan has good HS football but that is a mistake..

Last edited:
Back