Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

were not the only ones drinking the kool-aid

mhughes0021

Matthew Stafford - QB - Lions

Matthew Stafford completed 12-of-14 passes for 200 yards and two touchdowns in the Lions' third preseason game Saturday night.
He hooked up with Nate Burleson (nine yards) and Tony Scheffler (22 yards) for the scoring tosses. Through three preseason games, Stafford is 24-of-31 for 356 yards, five touchdowns, and no interceptions. That's good for a 77.4 completion rate and 11.48 YPA. Health will continue to be Stafford's biggest obstacle, but he has top-three fantasy QB potential if he stays healthy.

bold statement...literally too
laugh.png

well if you think about it, he could be right. burleson and cj look like studs in the red zone, add in pettigrew to that as well. Then factor in the lack of running game and run blocking, as well as the huge play ability of jahvid and our receivers in the pass game.

Unless I'm mistaken, all of our 1st team TDs have been through the air. he's got 5 TDs in 31 attempts...i mean FUCK, that's top 3 QB numbers.

If Matty Nails plays like that all season, he could be the frigging MVP... but no one plays like that all season.

Rodgers , Brees , Rivers , Ryan , Brady, Vick after those 6 I'd surely consider him

No doubt he can't keep it up all season Slick, but that's my point.

Right now he's put the ball in the end zone 5 times in 31 passes. ANY man that holds that pace for 16 meaningful games has a shot at the Hall of Fame.

Too bad that pace is just too torrid to expect.

Pair Stafford with Bradford, Freeman, or Ryan and you're set in fantasy. Two late round QBs is always my strategy.

I don't need Staff to be top 5. Top 10 would be nice though.

SLICK said:
Rodgers , Brees , Rivers , Ryan, Brady, Vick after those 6 I'd surely consider him

Ryan plays in a run first offense 45% run/55% pass. Stafford plays in an offense where it's 65% pass/35% run. Why would you take him over Stafford?

Eddie said:
SLICK said:
Rodgers , Brees , Rivers , Ryan, Brady, Vick after those 6 I'd surely consider him

Ryan plays in a run first offense 45% run/55% pass. Stafford plays in an offense where it's 65% pass/35% run. Why would you take him over Stafford?

how many plays has ryan missed? how many plays has stafford missed? that's why you start there....

Yeah I wouldn't put Staff ahead of any of those guys until he plays a full season.

fedexgooch78 said:
Eddie said:

how many plays has ryan missed? how many plays has stafford missed? that's why you start there....

It's the QB position. Ryan has as much of a chance to get injured as Stafford. Falcons gave up a whopping 4 more sacks than Detroit and they lost Dahl. You can even argue we would've taken a couple less with a competent starting QB under center for 16 games. New season. You don't go in assuming he will be injured sooner or later because last season he was. It has no bearings on the outcome of this season. There is/was no long term effect to any injures Stafford had accumulated. He's 100% like Ryan.

Obviously health is the issue with him but the lions were third last year in pass attempts right behind the colts and saints. A 16 game season and he will throw the ball close to 600 times which makes him highly valuable.

Stafford went 2 rounds ahead of Ryan and Eli in my money league. I wanted Staff but had to settle for Eli.

Back