Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Dodgers' Multi-Billion$$$$ TV Deal

kalinecountry

Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Red Wings
Boston Celtics
Last edited:
What's so great about the Dodgers? Does Fox really think they'll get more viewers because its LA Dodgers? When did they become a must watch team.

What's so great about the Dodgers? Does Fox really think they'll get more viewers because its LA Dodgers? When did they become a must watch team.

Its LA, and the $140M in payroll they added via boston.

What does that have to do with the Dodgers being all that? They're just another baseball team, nothing special.

What does that have to do with the Dodgers being all that? They're just another baseball team, nothing special.

It's an enormous market, and they're an historic team. The Yankees are just another baseball team too, nothing special, except that they are.

Same with the Dodgers.

It's an enormous market, and they're an historic team. The Yankees are just another baseball team too, nothing special, except that they are.

Same with the Dodgers.

The strange thing is you see the Yankees on ESPN or Fox at least every other week....same with Boston. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I watched a Dodgers game...or even remember having the option to watch them. I'm guessing they had to be on ESPN or Fox at least a few times last year but I don't remember.

The strange thing is you see the Yankees on ESPN or Fox at least every other week....same with Boston. I honestly cannot tell you the last time I watched a Dodgers game...or even remember having the option to watch them. I'm guessing they had to be on ESPN or Fox at least a few times last year but I don't remember.

Yea over on the west coast they are on ESPN quite often.

My hope is that the revenue-sharing aspect of this deal enables a team like the Pirates to win a WS before the Dodgers do. Fox whores out on the gamble that this will ensure the Dodgers have the assets to win, which fuels viewership, which fuels ad dollars, et. al.

Gives me incentive to revile the Dodgers even more now. Here's a scenario. The D-Backs win the NLCS next season on the road over LA, and Gibson mimics his HR trot in the mob-scene after the final out.

Last edited:
I guess I just don't see anyone saying "The Dodgers are coming on, yes". Unless you're a fan of there team in which they already get all the games anyway. If you live in other states, they probably have MLB TV. Why would non fans give a shit about the Dodgers?

Watching a Dodger home game and listening to Vin Scully makes me want to smash something. I can't believe how fn boring that old man is...wow.

Back