Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Tigers vs. Twins Game Thread August 28

biggunsbob

Today's lineup:
Jackson CF
Ordonez RF
Young LF
Cabrera 1b
Martinez dh,
Avila c
Peralta SS
Santiago 2b
Inge- 3b
Penny P

KC's power is out because of the weather in his area... They are getting hammered right now... If anyone wants to post some stats on the players go for it...

Since his HR and DBL, Inge is 2 for his last 14 at bats. I think that one game solidfied him as the 2012 starter at 3B. Crap.

Not a terrible lineup, but it sure would be nice to get Boesch back and for Inge to get some well deserved bench time.

I agree that Betemit is a much better hitter against RHP but he's still a better hitter than Inge against LHP. Just keep his ass on the bench.

Well Betemit is a better hitter, but Penny is a ground ball pitcher, so I'd rather see Inge/Kelly play 3rd on days when Penny pitches.

But why not keep Santiago 2nd? If Ajax gets on Santiago is a good bunter, and can get Ajax into scoring position for DY, MC.

MI_Thumb said:
Well Betemit is a better hitter, but Penny is a ground ball pitcher, so I'd rather see Inge/Kelly play 3rd on days when Penny pitches.

But why not keep Santiago 2nd? If Ajax gets on Santiago is a good bunter, and can get Ajax into scoring position for DY, MC.

You do realize they have the same fielding %, Inge and Wilson. Inge might make a spectacular p,ay now and then but Betemit made a nice one yesterday. Inge is overrated as an Infelder. He has a bit better range, woopdee doo. But his stupidity cancels that out.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
[quote="MI_Thumb":61x01unc]Well Betemit is a better hitter, but Penny is a ground ball pitcher, so I'd rather see Inge/Kelly play 3rd on days when Penny pitches.

You do realize they have the same fielding %, Inge and Wilson. Inge might make a spectacular p,ay now and then but Betemit made a nice one yesterday. Inge is overrated as an Infelder. He has a bit better range, woopdee doo. But his stupidity cancels that out. [/quote:61x01unc]

Fielding % aside, Inge is still better on defense than Betemit, yes he made a stupid play the other day, but Betemit has made a few boners too.

If you need offense, you go with Betemit, if you want defense you have to go Kelly/Inge, and while Penny has been better lately, I still think he needs all the help he can get at the hot corner.

I wonder if Boesch can play CF, What a lineup it would be.

Santiago 2B
Boesch CF
Young LF
Cabrera 1B
Martinez DH
Peralta SS
Avila C
Ordonez LF
Betemit 3B

Right now it's dumb to even consider.

Ajax might be the best (top 3 minimum) CF in the AL as far as defense goes, and Boesch while improved, still needs work.

MI_Thumb said:

Ajax might be the best (top 3 minimum) CF in the AL as far as defense goes, and Boesch while improved, still needs work.
yeah I know, but Boesch is fast for a big guy, and it would definitely make the lineup more potent. as far as Jackson goes, he is one of the best CF when going back on a ball, but he has trouble sometimes coming in on a ball.

MI_Thumb said:
[quote="Mitch":jjiwp6bi]

You do realize they have the same fielding %, Inge and Wilson. Inge might make a spectacular p,ay now and then but Betemit made a nice one yesterday. Inge is overrated as an Infelder. He has a bit better range, woopdee doo. But his stupidity cancels that out.

Fielding % aside, Inge is still better on defense than Betemit, yes he made a stupid play the other day, but Betemit has made a few boners too.

If you need offense, you go with Betemit, if you want defense you have to go Kelly/Inge, and while Penny has been better lately, I still think he needs all the help he can get at the hot corner.

[/quote:jjiwp6bi]

His defense doesn't even come close to making up for the lack of offense. Inge makes a play at the corner others might not be able to, what once in a 2-3 period? He doesn't make that many. But then he'll make a bonehead throw. A .955 at 3rd is not good defense. He shouldn't be playing at all, even if there were 27 infield GB.

hellifino said:
MI_Thumb said:

yeah I know, but Boesch is fast for a big guy, and it would definitely make the lineup more potent. as far as Jackson goes, he is one of the best CF when going back on a ball, but he has trouble sometimes coming in on a ball.

No he doesn't, lol. And btw there is no potent lineup with Maggs in it.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]
hellifino said:

I still think there's a little left in Magglios tank, no power left but I'd rather see him up to bat in a crucial situation then Jackson. Jackson doesn't make enough contact, it's hard to hit and run when he's up to bat. just my opinion.

hellifino said:
[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]

I still think there's a little left in Magglios tank, no power left but I'd rather see him up to bat in a crucial situation then Jackson. Jackson doesn't make enough contact, it's hard to hit and run when he's up to bat. just my opinion.

There was a small run this past week I think where Jackson came threw 8 straight times with a runner at 3rd and less than two outs. Lol. Nonetheless, I'm not putting BB in CF so Maggs can p,ay.

Aj gets more flak no doubt because he's at lead off. Wouldn't be so bad if he was hitting 9. Most of us could handle that.

[color=#006400 said:
Mitch[/color]]Aj gets more flak no doubt because he's at lead off. Wouldn't be so bad if he was hitting 9. Most of us could handle that.

yeah, I like the hitting 9th idea, but Leyland is set in his ways with him.

Magglio doesn;t even try to drive the ball anymore. That is really pathetic.

Back