Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

2010 top pick arrested for DUI

sggatecl

Detroit City FC
Detroit Lions
Detroit Tigers
Detroit Pistons
Detroit Red Wings
Michigan Wolverines
Hahaha...Must've been a fun night!

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- A Detroit Red Wings prospect faces charges under Michigan's tough "super drunk" designation following a traffic stop during which police discovered him clad in a Teletubby costume.

According to a Grand Rapids police report obtained by MLive.com, Riley Sheahan twice registered a blood alcohol level of .30 percent when tested in jail after his arrest on Oct. 29.

Police say the 20-year-old Grand Rapids Griffins center from St. Catharines, Ontario, was wearing the costume of a purple Teletubby known as Tinky Winky during the stop.

The "super drunk" charge carries a penalty of 180 days in jail and possible deportation. Sheahan also faces a charge of providing false information, as he was carrying the driver's license of fellow Wings prospect Brendan Smith when he was arrested.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/8...wings-prospect-gets-dui-charge-teletubby-garb

http://www.mlive.com/griffins/index.ssf/2012/11/red_wings_prospect_riley_sheah.html

I wouldn't expect him to be able to stand, follow instructions or operate a vehicle at .30. Seriously, this kid must drink like crazy to be able to handle himself that well at that blood alcohol level.

I can't poke fun about this, Riley blowing .30 @ the tender age of 20? My god that is only what a "veteran" alcoholic would be able to do, a "casual" drinker would have been passed out long before reaching that insane level of intoxication. But I have read tales online from nurses who work hospital ERs of "frequent fliers" who are brought in by the cops who have been measured with a BAC of .50+. Sheehan won't live to be age 25 if he doesn't try to quit drinking, he might die in a car accident while perhaps severely injuring and killing innocent motorists who are in the wrong place at the right time, along with their potential passengers, or perhaps by acute alcohol poisoning. That is very sad for a kid who should have his whole life to live in mostly sobriety with a "better than most" chance of becoming one of the fortunate (talented and athletically gifted) few who plays a game for a living and a career. My spouse is also an alcoholic so I know how devastating liquor is to people who cannot or will not control the amount that they will imbibe when given the "opportunity" to do so.

Back