Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

great tweet from Phil Brabbs

michlady77

Me: "I like red barns."
Iris (age 3): "BUT DAD! Red is OHIO STATE!"

by the way he was very moving to listen to at Women's Football Academy - he is fighting a horrible disease, that normally strikes at an older age (multiple myeloma)

how is he doing? I remember his story; not sure about whether he was expected to recover, or if it was something he had to live with the rest of his life.

he said he went through 2 bone marrow transplants in a year but so far holding on

he appeared to look good when i saw him - it was not a good prognosis originally

don't know about now

good to know. I always liked him. I'll never forget that washington game where we had missed FGs all day, but Carr came back to him and he booted the game winner.

he used that analogy of missing twice adn then hitting it with his disease

Used to be that mm had a very bad prognosis, but there has been good success in treating the disease with bone marrow transplant if the patient can survive the high dose chemo required. Wish him all the luck in the world.

What was scary was ge was lije 27 - young fir gatdisease and ge had 2 bibe marriw transplants in one year

michlady77 said:
What was scary was ge was lije 27 - young fir gatdisease and ge had 2 bibe marriw transplants in one year
Translation: What was scary was he was like 27 - young for that disease and he had 2 bone marrow transplants in one year.

Back