Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Jacob Turner

I really don't agree with this move unless if it was for one spot start like last time... If he's here the rest of the year I think it will hurt his development, but I really hope he proves me wrong and is Kershaw from day 1 lol!!!

They need someone for Thursday because JV is moving to Friday against Chicago. The Thursday game is a rain delay makeup so it is for just one start.

tigers99888 said:
I really don't agree with this move unless if it was for one spot start like last time... If he's here the rest of the year I think it will hurt his development, but I really hope he proves me wrong and is Kershaw from day 1 lol!!!

How would it hurt his development?

It's not like he would be pitching if they didn't bring him up.

JV can start against the Sox on Friday now. I like it. Give him some experience so he can replace Penny next year.

Turner will most likely be given the one start and then shut down for the rest of the year. His IP target was 145, so he has about 8 innings left.

Moving back Verlander a day doesn't affect his # of starts remaining. He still has 6 starts left and can pitch on the final day if needed or in Game 1 of the ALDS

I watched him pitch here in Toledo on Friday...looked good. Unless he was throwing an 87-88 mph change up in the later innings though, it seemedl like he was losing quite a bit of velocity. Started at a solid 93 mph in the 1st inning. Pitched a sloid game though. I think he went 6 giving up 4-5 hits. Most of them ground balls through the middle.

Back