Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Nationals sign Dan Haren

In a way I'm glad. I was worried we would sign Haren, and for some reason, I'm convinced he would have been Brad Penny here.

I'd like to see us make a decent offer to E. Jackson, assuming he's not holding a grudge against us for trading him to AZ.

Jackson sucks.

He does not suck.

He is not as good as Sanchez, but who friggin cares? We need a 4-5 guy, and E-Jax did very well when he was in DET, he would likely be a smaller contract than Sanchez in terms of length of service, equaling an overall cheaper option which would more than adequately fill the role.

As it stand right now we have 5 starters, or they could try to trade either Smyly or Porcello for someone more established, or sign a FA and trade one away for bullpen help, corner OF, etc. Right now Edwin Jackson is the top of the FA SP list assuming were done (and I hope we are) dealing with Sanchez, and Greinke ends up in LA.

The Nats are going to be a force in the NL. Haren is a nice addition to round out that rotation.

Back