Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Ex-Twin/Tiger Joel Zumaya continues to recover from TJS

turok

The below is a link to an older article (late October) from the Detroit Free Press, that updates his progress. I checked and KC had posted it in his Detroit Tigers Team Notes thread, but since it was just before the team played in the World Series, it might have been missed by some Tigers/baseball fans here on DSF. After reading today about the Royals being interested in acquiring the FA and ex-Tigers/Braves SP Jair Jurrjens on MLBTR, I remembered Zumaya, since they both have a history of and bad luck in being chronically injured during their pitching careers:

Zumaya is optimistic. "It's feeling good," he said. "I'm taking my time and doing the physical therapy, being careful, letting it heal."

"If the free agent is willing to delay dreams of becoming a professional angler and considers giving baseball another try, his fastball is aimed directly at returning to the Motor City."

"I was born to be a Tiger. I've been talking to them. I could end up back here," he said.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121021/SPORTS10/310210212/1050/rss15

Several images are included on the webpage of Joel along with his brother Richard, and who may be his cousin Isaac, and their catch of smallmouth bass, btw.

Back