Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Doomsday Prepping

redandguilty

I'm looking into the doomsday prepping market and I ran across a video tour of a large survival bunker. Googling this stuff, you'll find plenty of legitimate criticisms of this project, but the thing I'm hung up on is that at the 0:50 second mark, they show recliners with lit cup holders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=HXiYyq1QIAU#!

As a design choice for a survival shelter, that offends me a little bit.

...not to mention that this video, posted to youtube by the company selling rooms in the shelter, is described as "LEAKED".

I watched a couple of videos on youtube once... seems a large portion - maybe close to 90% - of "preppers" fall into the category of "socially-isolated, moronic, loner wackjobs" and I wouldn't take advice from those people if my life depended on it. tough to sort through the misinformation.

i did find these on amazon though. seem a lot easier and cheaper than making your own. thoughts? seems like some basic medical supplies, some weather-appropriate clothing, food & water for a week or two, some things to defend yourself with, and some shortwave radios and walkie talkies for news and communication... you're good. Wait out chaos, then find a reasonably safer area to move to.

the wackos might be better armed, but in the long run, brains trump brawn. just gotta make it over the hump!

I watched a couple of videos on youtube once... seems a large portion - maybe close to 90% - of "preppers" fall into the category of "socially-isolated, moronic, loner wackjobs" and I wouldn't take advice from those people if my life depended on it. tough to sort through the misinformation.

i did find these on amazon though. seem a lot easier and cheaper than making your own. thoughts? seems like some basic medical supplies, some weather-appropriate clothing, food & water for a week or two, some things to defend yourself with, and some shortwave radios and walkie talkies for news and communication... you're good. Wait out chaos, then find a reasonably safer area to move to.

the wackos might be better armed, but in the long run, brains trump brawn. just gotta make it over the hump!

I don't think it has to be a wire mesh. I think you can wrap things in tinfoil and I think I've read that a lot of cars would actually survive depending on the intensity of the EMP.

Back