Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Can't believe it's a game week

MAIZEandBLUE09

Seems like this summer flew by faster than most. Maybe it's because of all the football-related news that came out.

Now if only it wasn't Monday......

all along I wanted football, and now it's here and I'm freaking out... I'm NOT READY FOR FOOTBALL.

You know how the promos ask if you're "ready for football?"

I am not. I NEED MORE TIME!!!!

MichChamp02 said:
all along I wanted football, and now it's here and I'm freaking out... I'm NOT READY FOR FOOTBALL.

You know how the promos ask if you're "ready for football?"

I am not. I NEED MORE TIME!!!!

There is this bitter sweet feeling that comes along with football season. The excitement that it's finally here - and the realization that all the leaves are about to die and 4 months of cold weather are about to breath down upon us.

The first week of the season is always the most exciting. The good news is that it is a holiday weekend and there should be games on each day of the long break.

This is a good opening week too: Thursday we get to watch a Wisconsin game and Friday MSU plays before the big opening Saturday. Good Stuff.

I am curious to see how Wisconsin looks. With Wilson as starting QB, the Badgers may throw more and I think "those stinking Badgers" could quietly contend not only for Big Ten but the BCS...

rayhowland3 said:
I am curious to see how Wisconsin looks. With Wilson as starting QB, the Badgers may throw more and I think "those stinking Badgers" could quietly contend not only for Big Ten but the BCS...

Seems like, lately, they've always been up there but just never good enough to get to that "elite" level and getting to the BCS.

I'm so excited that the first game is almost here! No worries about the week dragging at work because I am on vacation! I will be enjoying the week out in the Gulf of Mexico and on some different beaches in SW Florida throughout the week.

Can't wait to see Denard flying by the WMU defense Saturday! GO BLUE!!!

rayhowland3 said:

I think Wilson gives Wisky that 'X' FACTOR they typically miss. Between the Defense, running game and now Wilson I think they're in the running for the BCS

bigvic said:
rayhowland3 said:

I think Wilson gives Wisky that 'X' FACTOR they typically miss. Between the Defense, running game and now Wilson I think they're in the running for the BCS

I am very interested to see to see how Wisky plays this week. Also, Ray, REAL excited about the fact that there should be games on each day of this Holiday weekend.

AND theTigers are on Sunday Night Baseball on ESPN Sept 4th.

Yeah, can this week hurry up and get over with .... but then slow way down for the weekend part and so that the season isn't suddenly here and gone.

myczk1aj said:
bigvic said:

I am very interested to see to see how Wisky plays this week. Also, Ray, REAL excited about the fact that there should be games on each day of this Holiday weekend.

Didn't Wisconsin struggle mightily with Fresno St. last year in the season opener?

bigvic said:
Yeah, can this week hurry up and get over with .... but then slow way down for the weekend part and so that the season isn't suddenly here and gone.

That's just how it goes. Seems like I keep waiting each week for Saturday and then all the weeks go by and suddenly it's X-mas.

It only gets faster as you get older there, M&B09 .... just gets faster and faster!!

Jever4321 said:
myczk1aj said:

Didn't Wisconsin struggle mightily with Fresno St. last year in the season opener?

I can't quite remember. I was a bit tipsy as I went to UConn @ Michigan that day.

I seem to think that they struggled early but ran all over them in the 2nd half for the W.

Clearly the best time of the year! I feel like a kid around Christmas time!

Back